Caution Jeeps eat phones!

BeachPirate

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Liberty, Jeep Liberty
Funny story and word of caution. Put on a pair of cargo shorts, put my phone in left lower pocket. Jumped in my Jeep for a quick run to get gas. Shut the door to a cracking sound.

Thought something in my new Jeep just popped. Pulled phone out at the gas pump with a shattered screen.

Luckily I was due for an upgrade. So watch where you put your phone jumping into the Jeep with its tight doors.
Sponsored

AC87

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Service Technician
Haha, I could totally see that happening since it's such a tight gap between the door and seat. I invested in a phone holder mounted onto the air vent, choose whatever brand you want. My phone used to fall from my pocket in between the seats and center console all the time. I guess I was lucky mine didn't shatter like yours.

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Itā€™s the shorts Iā€™d be worried about. Iā€™ve inadvertently had a few pairs of shorts or pants with pockets that wouldnā€™t retain a phone (or wallet) and I got rid of them.

Iā€™m always crawling around underneath or on top of vehicles or machines and I need stuff to stay in my pockets even when Iā€™m not upright.

Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Itā€™s the shorts Iā€™d be worried about. Iā€™ve inadvertently had a few pairs of shorts or pants with pockets that wouldnā€™t retain a phone (or wallet) and I got rid of them.

Iā€™m always crawling around underneath or on top of vehicles or machines and I need stuff to stay in my pockets even when Iā€™m not upright.
Almost lost a phone once from a pocket on a pair of basketball shorts when running doorless - that was a close call! Since I have a Sport, I put the phone in the little cubby at the bottom of the dash now (where the locker switch is on a Rubi).

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Then whats hip these days for shorts wise?
I'm the last person you wanna get fashion advice from, just like poking fun at cargo shorts haha! šŸ¤£

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
Because I have lost my phone in the abyss between the center console and the driver's seat with frequency, I followed a forum poster's suggestion and stuffed some foam pipe installation between the center console and each seat.

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I got one of the induction charger/phone holders that fits in place of the little recessed place on the top of the dash. Use the phone for navigation as well as communication. Works great-just have to remember to bring it with when I get out of the JeepšŸ˜

Beach Bum 89

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fiat Spider
Itā€™s not the shorts, you put in the wrong pocket. Almost all my shorts are cargos. Especially with the size of phones, just makes sense to me. But the phone goes in the right cargo pocketā€¦not the left šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜Ž

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
See? That's why I pump gas naked.
Sponsored