Not open for further replies.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
what state/local law do you have that you think allows you to use threat of lethal force with a deadly weapon to detain someone for suspicion of a misdemeanor crime?
Why do you keep calling it a misdemeanor? It's gonna be grand Theft in most states. Florida is now $750 or more it use to be $300 but they recent upped it to $750. Definitely gonna be a felony in most states. Alot of states also would feel that burglary of a conveyance. Not condoning deadly force to defend property if your state prohibits that.
Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Why do you keep calling it a misdemeanor? It's gonna be grand Theft in most states. Florida is now $750 or more it use to be $300 but they recent upped it to $750. Definitely gonna be a felony in most states. Alot of states also would feel that burglary of a conveyance. Not condoning deadly force to defend property if your state prohibits that.
many states it has to be well north of a few thousand dollars to become a felony.

thats in part my point. Every state has different laws; and even the texas penal code has requirements under section 9 before you can just start blasting someone. Weve got people from new york and indiana talking about how theyre going to blast the next shady dude that looks at their jeep.

what im trying to say is people should know the laws theyre relying on. And know them well. The legal experience after shooting someone isnt a fun process, and i recommend avoiding it if you can. If youre found to be in violation of the laws, Id imagine it gets even more unpleasant.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
terms of burglary also vary greatly. Some states a theft from the grounds of your property is a misdemeanor class of burglary.

im not saying “do nothing” or that criminals should be allowed to get away with something. What i am saying is the justice system coddles rhe criminal and throws the books at john q public. Routinely. Its one of the many many reasons i quit being a cop years and years ago.

just know the law and know whats reasonable and necessary Before you walk out to the street with a gun telling someone youll kill them if they move.

OP
OP
timn1984

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Cat converter theft is rampant here in the Denver area (along with soaring petty theft and property crime). Have you seen where the cats are located on the JL? It’s nearly impossible to just chop them off with a sawzall (the typical quick/easy way thieves remove them). They’re bolted to the block with four bolts under the fender liners. I don’t think it will be an issue on the JL’s due to their placement.
1609785538864.jpeg
Thanks for this, its what I was wondering about. It gives me some peace of mind. Now about my wifes Camry????

Sponsored

OP
OP
timn1984

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
If I lived in such a vulnerable location, I'd suspend spending money on modifications until I could afford to relocate my family to a safer neighborhood. What's more valuable to you - 37s or peace of mind?
Not sure where you live, but you seem to be saying anyone who lives close to any theft in their respective neighborhoods should move??? Are you serious or is this some kind of joke? Not sure I get the humor.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Not sure where you live, but you seem to be saying anyone who lives close to any theft in their respective neighborhoods should move??? Are you serious or is this some kind of joke? Not sure I get the humor.
What's not to get? You live in the type of neighborhood where people are coming to your home, have the time to crawl under your Jeep to steal your catalytic converter, and you ask if you should move? All within 50 feet of your kids' bedrooms?

Your biggest worry should be if your neighbor's crabgrass will spread to your lawn.

Yeah...I'd move.

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Sahara 4xE
just do headers and get rid of it, that's what we do on the mustang forums :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
timn1984

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
What's not to get? You live in the type of neighborhood where people are coming to your home, have the time to crawl under your Jeep to steal your catalytic converter, and you ask if you should move? All within 50 feet of your kids' bedrooms?

Your biggest worry should be if your neighbor's crabgrass will spread to your lawn.

Yeah...I'd move.
So in your immaculate Gated community that you seem to live in, if your Catalytic Converter was stolen from one of your vehicles, you would move out of your house??? I'd be more worried about my neighbors giving me crab (grass) than a stranger drug addict coming into my Gated Community once in a while and stealing my Cat converter.
Look, I'm just kidding, but it seems a little extreme to suggest moving over something like this. Just my 2 cents.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
A bit off topic but we used to have a Lexus GX 470 and they were known to have cracking issues on the welds of the exhaust manifold. Thing literally sounded like an abused cutlass with a 305 rasping down the street. Finally it got so bad I had to replace both of them.

Went to the dealer and they were aware of the issues since it was common. Quoted me $2,600 to have them replaced - I crapped my pants. We bought the thing used for $20k....

Turns out the smart people at Lexus incorporated the cats into the manifold, as one part. So instead of just being able to replace the manifolds at the block, the entire unit for each side was about $1,000 each.

Since we have e-check here I couldn’t go aftermarket with any other options with no cats. Tough pill to swallow.

And to top it all off, when they bolted in the passenger side manifold they stripped one of the bolts, never told me, and it still leaked and made rasping noise. They had to go back and remove the manifold and used a helo coil to fix it, but it never really worked.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
So in your immaculate Gated community that you seem to live in, if your Catalytic Converter was stolen from one of your vehicles, you would move out of your house??? I'd be more worried about my neighbors giving me crab (grass) than a stranger drug addict coming into my Gated Community once in a while and stealing my Cat converter.
Look, I'm just kidding, but it seems a little extreme to suggest moving over something like this. Just my 2 cents.
Okay, I wouldn’t move. But...I’d raise hell with my neighborhood’s private security force. :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.