Catalytic Converter Theft- what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Catalytic converter thefts. Vandals draining oil by opening Fumoto valves.

Where the HELL do you guys live? :)

[I always see nice houses in the backgrounds of your pictures. What am I missing?]
I'm wondering the same thing lol. Must not be a popular thing to do out here.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I'm wondering the same thing lol. Must not be a popular thing to do out here.
its all over (and common in CA), cause its fast, low risk and yields known return.
Tons of smash and grab going on, but i am sure they whiff alot on value.

I park in my garage, so I never see anyone of this, but my kids say tis all over now and their friends have gotten hit

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I think its in London.....
The Palladium in NYC was a movie theater in the Village that was converted to a nightclub back in the 90s.

The "London Palladium" is a theater/concert hall in their Soho.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
set a battery on the counter with the terminals still attached and the cables cut.
When I bought my Jeep I was told I should get a hood lock - they've had owners come back to the dealer with their battery cables cut (and even removed) - so that the alarm would be disabled and they'd have more time to steal everything in the Jeep...

Sponsored

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
They do make "unwelcome mats" that are basically an electrified mat used to deter bears from your home. Easily made with a rubber mat, section of wire fencing (sheets of 4x4 welded wire for concrete reinforcement at home depot come to mind) and an electric fence charger. Don't forget the little electric fence warning sign that i doubt they will read...

Fasten this to your driveway and park over it. Works for a grizzly bear....

Google "bear deterent mat".

Deleted member 59098

We can always hire these fine Gentlemen from Japan to protect our Jeeps. Umm yeaaa.....let us just say they aren't very friendly and are known for chopping fingers off their opponents and killing them with a hundred cuts off the Samurai sword. Pretty sure them standing near your Jeep will be enough to keep the street rats away.

main-qimg-38f7de151082b48b377798a64f66f21a.jpeg.jpg
I unfortunately know some yakuza via family. Pretty much the trash of Japan. Nothing to admire about them whatsoever.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
I unfortunately know some yakuza via family. Pretty much the trash of Japan. Nothing to admire about them whatsoever.
I know. Cant disagree anymore given their extremely ruthless ways and style of bullying big business from Fukuoka all the way up to Sapporo.

Atleast the mob in Italy spares family members and never goes after them unlike their counterparts in Japan, China or India.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Cat converter theft is rampant here in the Denver area (along with soaring petty theft and property crime). Have you seen where the cats are located on the JL? It’s nearly impossible to just chop them off with a sawzall (the typical quick/easy way thieves remove them). They’re bolted to the block with four bolts under the fender liners. I don’t think it will be an issue on the JL’s due to their placement.
Jeep Wrangler JL Catalytic Converter Theft- what to do 1609785538864

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
We have been having a rash of cat conv theft here in Louisville, and probably most other places. Anybody have any ideas on how to protect a Jeep? Just wondering
MOVE !

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
If I lived in such a vulnerable location, I'd suspend spending money on modifications until I could afford to relocate my family to a safer neighborhood. What's more valuable to you - 37s or peace of mind?

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
If I lived in such a vulnerable location, I'd suspend spending money on modifications until I could afford to relocate my family to a safer neighborhood. What's more valuable to you - 37s or peace of mind?
bruh. 37’s and poke is life.

rockenrolla

First Name
Rock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I can’t afford either tbh.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Cat converter theft is rampant here in the Denver area (along with soaring petty theft and property crime). Have you seen where the cats are located on the JL? It’s nearly impossible to just chop them off with a sawzall (the typical quick/easy way thieves remove them). They’re bolted to the block with four bolts under the fender liners. I don’t think it will be an issue on the JL’s due to their placement.
Jeep Wrangler JL Catalytic Converter Theft- what to do 1609785538864
I was thinking the same thing. Due to the placement of the cats on the JL, theft would not be easy, cannot quickly remove with a sawzall or pipe cutter. Cats are more effective/efficient at higher exhaust temperatures, so they are mounted in the hottest exhaust heat location. This location also allows the cats to be smaller and contain less precious metals. Cars and trucks that have the cats mounted mid way in the exhaust pipes are most vulnerable. They have larger cats (with more precious metals) and are easier to cut from the exhaust pipe.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.