Catalytic Converter Theft- what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
I wish thats how it was, but unfortunately thats a good way to get arrested and sent to prison. Most states don’t allow the use of any force to protect property.
NY has some of the strictest gun laws in the country but Castle Doctrine is legal here. Sure VA doesn't have that either? Pretty sure use of force is justified per NY law if someone is caught trying to steal your property and you think your life is in danger.

Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
NY has some of the strictest gun laws in the country but Castle Doctrine is legal here. Sure VA doesn't have that either? Pretty sure use of force is justified per NY law if someone is caught trying to steal your property and you think your life is in danger.
100% positive that if someone is in your garage/driveway and you kill/injure them, a grand jury will indict you for sure.

Your post is dangerous to suggest you can defend yourself against this type of theft. “Someone was trying to steal my catalytic converters so I shot them.”

Does that sound right?

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
post up the Ny castle doctrine law and walk me through what you think youd hypothetically say after hypothetically shooting someone that was hypothetically stealing your cat.

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL Catalytic Converter Theft- what to do 90C5DBA0-5B0A-4624-A574-73A070C16533

So many tough guys around here. Heh.
Zero correlation between being a "tough guy" and protecting your property. If I caught an asshole under my Jeep with a Sawzall I'd absolutely hold him at gun point under my Jeep until the police arrived and I'd make sure he knew if he even moved I'd take it as an act of aggression send him off to neverland. :like:

Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
this is true.
Besides inflation, I think palladium also popped after diesel-gate. Less demand for platinum which makes diesel cats and higher demand for palladium (gas cats).

I’m going catless when they steal mine and will post on butt dyno and decibel levels. Hoping the tazer defeats those codes.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
The key is “and you think your life is in danger”. If you shoot someone in your driveway stealing your cat, you better make sure they are threatening to kill you or off to jail you go. Don’t use your gun unless you thoroughly know the law.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.