Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
"poke is life" ?

Is that a typo, or did it just go over my head?
poke is when people intentionally set their offsets to stick their tires out past their fenders.
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Cat converter theft is rampant here in the Denver area (along with soaring petty theft and property crime). Have you seen where the cats are located on the JL? It’s nearly impossible to just chop them off with a sawzall (the typical quick/easy way thieves remove them). They’re bolted to the block with four bolts under the fender liners. I don’t think it will be an issue on the JL’s due to their placement.
Jeep Wrangler JL Catalytic Converter Theft- what to do 1609800808779
I think you're right about the JL not being a big target. They are pretty far up next to the engine, still on the down pipe. Cutting the pipe on the top with a sawzall is not possible.

Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
I wish thats how it was, but unfortunately thats a good way to get arrested and sent to prison. Most states don’t allow the use of any force to protect property.
Move to Texas.....if someone is on your property....doing mischief....after sunset....shooting them is not prohibited.
I have six boys.....all know well, not to be screwing around on somebody’s property in the dark.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Move to Texas.....if someone is on your property....doing mischief....after sunset....shooting them is not prohibited.
I have six boys.....all know well, not to be screwing around on somebody’s property in the dark.
We retired recently and Texas is a consideration. Both of us are staunch conservatives with 2A beliefs and can no longer stand the politics of CA. I guess everyone is going to leave the best climate in the US to illegal aliens and fruit loops.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
If I lived in such a vulnerable location, I'd suspend spending money on modifications until I could afford to relocate my family to a safer neighborhood. What's more valuable to you - 37s or peace of mind?
I live in a fairly nice neighborhood in an affluent county (not necessarily where I am) and people here are getting their cats stolen too. People just suck in general.

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
what state/local law do you have that you think allows you to use threat of lethal force with a deadly weapon to detain someone for suspicion of a misdemeanor crime?
Texas as others have said. Actually have the right to shoot them, not just detain. It has to be on your land/property but we have the right to defend our property. It's not that we think our property is more valuable than a life but that the criminal thinks their life is less valuable than our property. And again already said nearly impossible to get to the cats on a JL without cutting most of the front end off.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
what state/local law do you have that you think allows you to use threat of lethal force with a deadly weapon to detain someone for suspicion of a misdemeanor crime?
Some western states have these laws that allow protecting property with deadly force. They have their roots in the days when stealing something from someone could leave them in a serious situation that was life threatening or affect their ability to make/sustain a living, such as cattle rustling or stealing a plow.

In the liberal coastal states, laws and policies have devolved to prevent the use of any force to prevent theft. Basically, if no force is allowed to prevent or stop theft, there is no deterrent and thieves are emboldened.

As far as living in good neighborhoods and keeping your Jeep or car in a garage, that works as long as you don't go anywhere or make guarding your vehicle an obsession when you do.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Reading these replies I see what's wrong with our nation, butthurt snowflakes. Not a "tough guy" just an old dude sick of whining little babies.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
100% positive that if someone is in your garage/driveway and you kill/injure them, a grand jury will indict you for sure.

Your post is dangerous to suggest you can defend yourself against this type of theft. “Someone was trying to steal my catalytic converters so I shot them.”

Does that sound right?
Garage falls under florida castle law, but definitely not driveway
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.