OP
OP
MerPinXEss

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 4xe JLU
Do people take the JL on the highway with tube doors? any concerns with kids (other than their shit flying everywhere)?

Bought tube doors for the first time and looking to install them soon but wife has concerns about driving with the kids on the highway with the tube doors.
Did carpool on Interstate no doors, only concern was we had to turn the tunes to 30...I guess you could add tube doors...

OP
OP
MerPinXEss

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 4xe JLU
Where is your Jeep ?
Nathan: "...December D status..." Roky you have the same view Nathan does of it.

Nathan if you're between Kdale and Ft Fisher you're welcome to enjoy topless in Pink Jeep just PM and we will arrange a pickup.

Axelbndr

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 2door, 6Mt, PBJ, Blk. Top, Bl
Harder and harder to find real Jeep’s….. the ones with 2 doors and 3 pedals….. :rock: …. I owned a couple, wish I had now…..😔
It’s taken me 30 years to get back..
I Loved my CJ7 i6, 5sp. Can’t wait to take delivery of my JLR 3.6, 6sp.
13 weeks, D1 status, still no eta 😕

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Scientist
In case anyone hasn’t heard tmw is topless day. So my daughter asks, can we take the doors off today? Well it’s supposed to be 96 degrees in the shade today so why not. If you haven’t gotten enough waves this week, try it. We racked up waves from civic, Altima, Camry, kids in minivans…and the elusive teenagers on the way to carpool.
No excuses it’s hot everywhere.
E37F8136-FC79-4CE0-8006-654E9FCB1601.jpeg

strip down and post it here
37132FA5-7CD4-4AC9-ACEC-A27AE152793B.jpeg
Believe it or not. Rainy and cold today in los angeles.

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
In case anyone hasn’t heard tmw is topless day. So my daughter asks, can we take the doors off today? Well it’s supposed to be 96 degrees in the shade today so why not. If you haven’t gotten enough waves this week, try it. We racked up waves from civic, Altima, Camry, kids in minivans…and the elusive teenagers on the way to carpool.
No excuses it’s hot everywhere.
E37F8136-FC79-4CE0-8006-654E9FCB1601.jpeg

strip down and post it here
37132FA5-7CD4-4AC9-ACEC-A27AE152793B.jpeg
Heavy Thunderstorms in forecast here starting today, thru weekend.
However here's my Topless image attached from last weekend
20220408_134059.jpg

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S / 2022 JLUR XR ordered 2/18
Vehicle Showcase
Topless/Half Doors

F9532152-5BF8-452D-A473-B4A77260145D.png

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Maybe tomorrow, cause today ain’t looking good.

3F02A7E4-BA5E-4343-BAB9-52B9A61F3BD8.jpeg
We're just back from the Hbg Costco. It stormed hard for 5ish minutes while we were there, causing a brief power loss. We could barely hear each other during the storm due the sheer volume of the rain on the roof. Afterwards, we still had difficulty hearing until store personnel finally shut off the alarm for the refrigerated cases. I would've moved farther away in the store, but I was ogling the fresh seafood.

Do people take the JL on the highway with tube doors? any concerns with kids (other than their shit flying everywhere)?
The kids' fitness for tubular doors will depend on their age. Only a parent can make that determination.

As for stuff flying out of the vehicle? Absolutely likely unless heavy or well-secured. Cross-winds in particular will be Good Times. That's just at country road speeds, too; I personally wouldn't drive the Jeep on the Interstate with tube doors in situ.

Bulletbill

First Name
Bullet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
We're just back from the Hbg Costco. It stormed hard for 5ish minutes while we were there, causing a brief power loss. We could barely hear each other during the storm due the sheer volume of the rain on the roof. Afterwards, we still had difficulty hearing until store personnel finally shut off the alarm for the refrigerated cases. I would've moved farther away in the store, but I was ogling the fresh seafood.

The kids' fitness for tubular doors will depend on their age. Only a parent can make that determination.

As for stuff flying out of the vehicle? Absolutely likely unless heavy or well-secured. Cross-winds in particular will be Good Times. That's just at country road speeds, too; I personally wouldn't drive the Jeep on the Interstate with tube doors in situ.
I’m right down the road from costco. Was definitely brief but powerful little cell that roared through.

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
I’ve gotta put the doors back on tonight actually, thunderstorms for the next 7 days. They’ve been off for 8 days?
FC397AF3-D578-4788-AB26-DD44A21C5A1B.jpeg

Trini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
The one thing that bothers me the most when going doorless/topless is the wind when driving on the highway. Still looking forward to getting it done.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Tiss NOT the season for soft tops. I put mine back up a couple weeks ago after being off from January to end of April.

Now it's just too damn hot out. 105°F+ is a bit much when driving around town.

Mine will stay on probably till September unless we spend long periods up in the mountains where it's cooler.

Chrysler Factory Warranty