Sponsored

Caster correction after lift (Rusty’s control Arms)

OP
OP
Craigb

Craigb

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
There is nothing wrong with your method it works well on a Jeep. I don’t let anyone work on any of my vehicles. I always do everything myself.
Sponsored

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I have a 2.5 skyjacker lift. It did not come with LCA. I replaced the stock with EVO LCA, however they did not come with a bolt for the brake line. I was disappointed they didn't take the time to include that. But they are massive.

OP
OP
Craigb

Craigb

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I have a 2.5 skyjacker lift. It did not come with LCA. I replaced the stock with EVO LCA, however they did not come with a bolt for the brake line. I was disappointed they didn't take the time to include that. But they are massive.
Did you measure before and after your lift? Mine was the 1-1.5 inch but I got over 2.

The Arms look nice flex joints on both ends. Rusty’s arms have a stud for the brake line and come with a nut also.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I've always done my own as well. What are you guys using for your caster and toe measurements?
I'm always curious if there is a better/easier way than what I'm doing. :like:
Tape measure and angle finder. Jeeps are simple. :like:

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
Did you measure before and after your lift? Mine was the 1-1.5 inch but I got over 2.

The Arms look nice flex joints on both ends. Rusty’s arms have a stud for the brake line and come with a nut also.
There is a YouTube video of my jeep, the company that did the lift videotaped it. Liftkitsforless. I paid full price for lift and install. If your interested in checking it out..I like that rusty put the stud.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Craigb

Craigb

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
There is a YouTube video of my jeep, the company that did the lift videotaped it. Liftkitsforless. I paid full price for lift and install. If your interested in checking it out..I like that rusty put the stud.[/QUOTE

Nice, your JL looks great! I like the ride quality of skyjacker.

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

What did you end up with for caster? How much over stock length did you set the arms? We've been doing 3/8", but I think we might start going to 1/2". These JL's seem to come out low from the factory. By the way, I've seen a few different arms now and the Rusty's have the best shape for tire bend and joint alignment. And such a value...

OP
OP
Craigb

Craigb

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have not changed my oil yet but I plan on doing one more turn on the left front and w turns on the right. I have 5.4 on the left and 4.9 on the right. I started with about 241/4 between the eyelets.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I've read from metalcloak that they're recommending caster of -6.

Been trying to figure out my odd bump steer and crummy road wobble on my Mopar lift and A few people / companies have chimed in and said caster will or fixed the issue.

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Mine was supposed to be a 1 to 1.5 inch but ended up with a 2 inch lift and my caster was off. The mopar kit comes with longer arms also. Did you have your alignment checked after the RC lift?
How much longer are the LCAs on the mopar kit?

Sponsored