Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Top quote is diesel it come standard with 100k warranty, upgraded axles, suspension and a few other things. Bottom is a gas you can see the price difference isn’t much.
5501EC3D-446E-4642-BA0A-FF9A4EC5C37D.png

DD94580A-9F36-4879-9FAF-337D814E6AD4.png
Plus you get the better transmission same one found in the 392. Dollar for dollar plus all the added features its a no brainer you get much more than you pay for.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DwnSth

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I recently was in a conversation with a viewer over a Casey 250 video. He suggested the red line product Water Wetter. He suggested contacting the company to see if it is applicable to for the EcoDiesel in the Wrangler. I called and spoke to an engineer over at Red Line and sure enough he found the Eco diesel and it is approved for use of their Water Wetter product. Mine arrived today will be adding it to the coolant, Will keep you posted.
This sounds like an interesting product. Hoping to get some real world feed back. Thinking about adding to my JLURD as well as my diesel pusher motor home. Both tend to run hot in summer months especially on grades. Jeep has done very well in high temps last summer and this summer but it does run pretty hot. Have not encountered any serious highway grades but will be heading west next summer. The MH has actually shut down on me once on a very steep grade - not a pleasant experience (although was fault of a sensor that is in a not great postion when at steep angles).

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
This sounds like an interesting product. Hoping to get some real world feed back. Thinking about adding to my JLURD as well as my diesel pusher motor home. Both tend to run hot in summer months especially on grades. Jeep has done very well in high temps last summer and this summer but it does run pretty hot. Have not encountered any serious highway grades but will be heading west next summer. The MH has actually shut down on me once on a very steep grade - not a pleasant experience (although was fault of a sensor that is in a not great postion when at steep angles).
Sounds like the low coolant sensor in the expansion tank😏

HBDiesel

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler 2018 Tundra 2018 4Runner 69 Chevelle
Y’all thinking of using water wetter.. have you looked up the msds sheet. Is 80% alcohol 20% snake oil. It’s has some aluminum corrosion inhibitors one coats the surface. Anybody want to guess what the alcohol does to the seals. Before it evaporates off at just under 200* water transfers heat better then antifreeze. Maybe a 70/30 mixture would be better for wheeling in the heat.
Jeep Wrangler JL Casey 250 drops his Diesel 16291B70-24F3-45C5-99B1-DE3659A6C546

Last edited:

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Based upon your profile & geographic location, I think you do have a high probability of experiencing an engine derate stemming from high oil temperature.

The BulletProofDiesel guys are quite knowledgeable and are ideally suited to coming up with a solution, but I have sort of lost interest . . . I like my rig for rock crawling and my wife isn't gung-ho for the overlanding lifestyle . . . no more tent sleeping for her. Hell, she isn't really that crazy about rock crawling either.

Maybe I need to trade-in the wife . . . :idea:
Let us know where you find a good deal on trading the wife in, I'm sure there's a few of us who are curious lmao 🤣

Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Y’all thinking of using water wetter.. have you looked up the msds sheet. Is 80% alcohol 20% snake oil. It’s has some aluminum corrosion inhibitors one coats the surface. Anybody want to guess what the alcohol does to the seals. Before it evaporates off at just under 200* water transfers heat better then antifreeze. Maybe a 70/30 mixture would be better for wheeling in the heat.
Jeep Wrangler JL Casey 250 drops his Diesel 16291B70-24F3-45C5-99B1-DE3659A6C546
I can tell you from actual experience water wetter does make a difference. I saw lower coolant temps with it on my XJ. Ran a Scangauge 2 and confirmed coolant temps were accurate via temp gun at the thermostat housing. I would run it during the summer with distilled water and then during winter I’d switch back to coolant for wheeling in freezing temp areas.

HBDiesel

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler 2018 Tundra 2018 4Runner 69 Chevelle
You seen a difference because the Tolyltriazole coats the sensors and the block reducing thermal conductivity. Water wetter is nothing more then the same additives already in antifreeze with alcohol mixed in at 80% of the content. Unless you think the MSDS is not correct and there’s some magic in the bottle.
If you ran nothing but distilled water yes you would see lower temps, water is a better thermal conductor then water and antifreeze mix. If the instructions are telling you to run water wetter and distilled water they are playing y’all.

Last edited:

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

You seen a difference because the Tolyltriazole coats the sensors and the block reducing thermal conductivity. Water wetter is nothing more then the same additives already in antifreeze with alcohol mixed in at 80% of the content. Unless you think the MSDS is not correct and there’s some magic in the bottle.
If you ran nothing but distilled water yes you would see lower temps, water is a better thermal conductor then water and antifreeze mix. If the instructions are telling you to run water wetter and distilled water they are playing y’all.
Shooting the thermostat housing with a temp gun is now I got my temp readings, so coated sensors had nothing to do with that aspect. I’m not debating what’s in the product, I’m just telling you the results I saw running Water Wetter in distilled water.

OP
OP
DwnSth

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
Just to be clear. I never said I was getting rid of the diesel. I just didn't order a second one ;)

Appreciate all of you guys. Stay tuned.
Good to hear you're not getting rid of it. Hopefully we'll continue to see content with it even after the new jeep arrives with 'whatever' engine you did order.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Good to hear you're not getting rid of it. Hopefully we'll continue to see content with it even after the new jeep arrives with 'whatever' engine you did order.
I'm pretty sure it's not a Wrangler based on comments that he's made about tailgate tables. Hopefully it's a Gladiator and he's not jumping on the Bronco bandwagon like so many other YouTubers are doing.

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Here’s my wild guess for what Casey’s new vehicle will be: Gladiator with a Hellcat (Redeye, Demon, etc included under Hellcat) swap from AMW4x4 (or another Canadian equivalent builder).

Shoutout to @Casey250 for documenting EcoDiesel specific things like fuel mileage, driving characteristic changes when moving to 37s, and other EcoDiesel Wrangler topics at a time when info on them was scarce. I know we watched all of those videos while we were contemplating selling our JKUR, and subsequently while we waited for our new JLURD to be built.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Chevy just discontinued the diesel for it's Gladiator-sized Colorado.

Oh, and they also discontinued the naturally aspirated gas V6.

From now on, you can have only three engines in the Colorado. And all of them are a 4-cyl turbo, with just 3 different tunes.
Sponsored