Casey 250 drops his Diesel

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Lol, ya, I live in the capital and she can get real cold. Like where F° and C° meet kind of cold. Same with Alberta as well. Breathe in and your nostrils stick together. Lol.
I have heard about how cold it gets in Alberta. I think I will stay away.
Sponsored

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Calling BC a cold place is mildly insulting to our compatriots in Alberta and Ontario :LOL: .. Most of BC's population lives in an area called "lower mainland" which is basically the same weather as Seattle/PacificNorthwest.

Casey did not say (on that video) which one he ordered but I agree with other's prediction - he seemed very excited driving Brad's 392 and I didn't see him that excited when he tried 4xe during EJS videos.

Normal folks can't keep swapping jeeps at will like Youtubers 🤷‍♂️. I see those channels as entertainment/showbiz .. like watching a late-night show when we got nothing to do post dinner. While we get some occasional ideas and tips that we incorporate to our rigs or wheeling routines, rest of the content is just good camera work and merchandising.. I live in BC, its one of the most beautiful places on earth.. In the past, I have seen them do 3 episodes of the same trail with different camera angles, new storyline/script and make it look like a new adventure.. its the same damn trail but the place is so unbelievably beautiful that it looks good in any direction you point your camera/drone.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Eh. It’s entertainment, so I take it with a grain of salt. It’s like how Brad dropped his citing cooling issues with a likely over weight rig on 37’s while also pulling a Patriot camper on stock gears (probably). No shit it didn’t like that 😂

I’m excited for my JLURD. I’m betting with 35’s and a slight regear to 4.10’s it’ll be fine (seriously considering picking up a X1 trailer).

My buddy has a 392 XR and it’s insanely fun to drive. I’m inclined to agree with others in this thread who believe he’s getting a 392 XR.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I'm sure he's getting the 392. The fuel costs won't be a big deal for his income and it's more fun for his use case. Add a fuel caddy and you've got ~300 miles of range even with 37's and a RTT.

Sponsored

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
They wanted to have the 392 vin because ‘it keeps the value’ on resale…. Their words, not mine :)
Not once they rip that engine out!

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Man I think those trailers cost more than my Jeep! :)
Yeah, they are expensive, no doubt. I know I’ll use it a lot though so I my mind it’s worth it. It’s a luxury for sure but we are in the position where we can do it. I’m definitely thankful for that.

Deleted member 59498

Yeah, they are expensive, no doubt. I know I’ll use it a lot though so I my mind it’s worth it. It’s a luxury for sure but we are in the position where we can do it. I’m definitely thankful for that.
Right on, I was thinking myself with a few weeks off a year would not be worth it but when the retirement gets around different story!

Sponsored

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I dont find the ‘useful content’ boring 🤷‍♀️
In their defense, you can appeal to a broader range of viewers if you have highly cinematic content. Useful and technical content tends to be a smaller crowd. If views=money, then you’ll grab the drone and swap rigs every year.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

That would be Lite Brite. Take a brand new JL 392, drive it a few hundred miles to America's Most Wanted 4x4 and pull out the 392 to replace with a demon engine. They could have just started with a sport model.
Not true and they explained why they didn't you need to watch the video.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Youtuber looking to refresh channel and gain more clicks changes platform, tale as old as time...well social media time anyhow.
Been watching Casey for a long time. He’s never been a big fan of his diesel and this seems to be more of an evolution rather than looking for likes.
He’s very upfront about the goods and the bads concerning the diesel. He also does unbiased reviews about gear, parts and tech.
Sponsored