Sponsored

InjectedCJ7

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1978 CJ-7
I’ve taken my Sky One Touch through the car wash a couple of times. You want to avoid the ones that have rotating brushes over the top. Find one that uses the cloth strips. Either way, I wouldn’t make a habit of doing it. Just my opinion.

John

saltlife4shore

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Yes. Just take it through. I'm pretty sure there is nothing in writing that automatic car washes are a no no for sky top. I'd be more worried about the paint then the top.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
@Crys We have two of them and they both have the unlimited wash plan, I take them through pretty much weekly. You’ll be fine.
Gregj

Sponsored

Deleted member 72291

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I follow the manual which says not to take the SOT through an automatic wash. I either wash by hand at home or use the self-service bays at a car wash.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I use one that pre hand washes then runs it through with sprayers only. I have used a more convenient one a couple times that uses horse hair brushes but does not have a top brush. Check around they aren’t common but they are around.

Punkindug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 392
Ask the car wash people if they can turn off the brushes and retract them. In upstate NY I utilize this for the winter months for the salt. Nothing touches your jeep except the sprayers. You have to tell the people at the wash every time you go thru but after a while the recognize you.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I was really hesitant at first, but I have taken mine through a "touchless" car wash numerous times with no issues. When I say numerous, I would say about 40-50 times now. Have a yearly subscription and it comes in handy.
Sponsored

Last edited: