Sponsored

Carvana / Vroom January Pricing Cliff

Gmot123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Billet Silver
I tried CarMax, but they wanted me to drive 2 hours so they could "inspect" it before giving me a quote.

I said, guys, it has 6000 miles on it. Its showroom. Can you give me a non-binding, rough, verbal estimate or range if it is indeed perfect when I get there. Nope they would not, so F'em. Not gonna drive all that way for a lowball offer.

Never heard of Autonation but I'll check them out, thanks!
Yeah, I don’t quite understand the CarMax model. If they are going to be such sticklers for an inspection (same in my case with a mint low mileage ‘21 Sahara), they should have more outposts to bring your car into for a check. I would have had to drive like 2 hours to PA for some unknown inspection that could be a total waste of time. Meanwhile, Driveway was all squared away in a matter of days at a very fair price with pickup right at my house.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Next 12 months are going to be a massive fucking wake up call for people, calling it now.

Sponsored

Mccorm67

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sahara
CarMax offers an online quote, which I got. But it was higher when I actually brought it in for them to inspect.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
This is traditionally a slow time of year, Winter, people haven't gotten income tax refunds.
Spring sees a demand in new and used vehicles, pent up demand from Winter. So, a Spring Rebound highly likely

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Today I ran the offer numbers on my Hella for the last time before it goes to Carvana early next week.

Carvana's offer came up a bit this last week after tanking to 8 GRAND below the offer I accepted from them in January. They are a bit more than $5,000 below that offer as of today.

Vroom continues to drop and holds the bottom spot right now. Currently sitting at $8,000 below their high in December, which was the highest offer I received since starting to look.

Based on a post here, for the hell of it, I contacted Driveway.Com

I filled out their online form then spoke with a nice fella on the phone. They tendered an offer yesterday for about $300 more than the Carvana offer I already accepted and WAY above Vroom and Carvana's current offers.

I expect both Vroom and Carvana's offers will go up the next month or so, but I'm happy with the offer I took.

As I mentioned, it will pay for my fancier Sport S, Dual Tops and factory Doors Off Mirrors with enough left over for me and the wife to have a nice weekend in Nashville on the way back from Guptons.

Here's some food for thought if you are considering selling. Our local Jeep dealer hadn't received a single lot Wrangler since I ordered my Hella in June 21. Today I see they have got 5 '22s. So if your gonna sell, be sure not to miss the spring bump in March/April.

Good luck and share your Carvana/Vroom/CarMax, Etc success stories.
You are getting rid of your Hellayella?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Yeah some day, but I remember people saying that 9 or 10 months ago also.
Oh totally. Could be wrong but just my gut based on current conditions

Sponsored

miklm

First Name
Miklm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
This is traditionally a slow time of year, Winter, people haven't gotten income tax refunds.
Spring sees a demand in new and used vehicles, pent up demand from Winter. So, a Spring Rebound highly likely
Hope so. I don't have any ETA on my '22 order from Gupton yet, so I'm not in a rush to sell with the big January drop off. Between the January price increase (I didn't get my order in fast enough) and the big cliff in Vroom/Carvana offers, I'm $6k worse off from when I quoted things in December. I'll wait for a spring bump in offers, and always have some time to try listing it locally (Marketplace, etc.) and see how that goes before taking a low online offer.

Has anyone used https://www.carmigo.io? They are new and looks like they only serve a few cities here in the southeast (Nashville, Birmingham etc) but their online estimate was the best so far.

Deleted member 59498

Besides the one KBB accuracy here are others having any luck with the KBB numbers?

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Yeah some day, but I remember people saying that 9 or 10 months ago also.
People say a lot of things. I'm just going to enjoy my Jeep, and my 3 other cars and let the market figure itself out.
Sponsored