First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
That’s funny!!! $27,000 for a loaded 2018 JLUR Rubicon. It’s big bucks....somewhere
Sponsored

sm16

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 2016 BMW X6M
That’s funny!!! $27,000 for a loaded 2018 JLUR Rubicon. It’s big bucks....somewhere
That's weird. I'm in NJ, have a loaded 2018 Rubicon with 8500 miles and they quoted me $38,900. I wonder why the big difference between your quote and mine.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
You must have over 75K miles on it lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
the fact that a company like Carvana would pay cash (no trading) for a vehicle at book value is very interesting. These are basically wholesale prices. If I did not have all the mods on mine I would consider it and then get a 2020.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Huh. Mine ain’t for sale.
Cool to know it’s valuable though.
Reminds me of my guns.

oldskol

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI
the fact that a company like Carvana would pay cash (no trading) for a vehicle at book value is very interesting. These are basically wholesale prices. If I did not have all the mods on mine I would consider it and then get a 2020.
I've sold to Carmax in the past, and their offers were always reasonable. I imagine these vendors have data to indicate that purchasing from an individual private party is less risky/costly than purchasing at auction.

Sponsored

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
When I bought my JLU Sport recently, I had the dealer run the residual values on a Sahara and Rubicon as well. The Rubicon actually had the lowest residual value. I forget the actual percentages, but I remember Sport being the highest (maybe 72%?), followed by Sahara (60ish%). The Rubicon was much lower, though I can't really explain why.
Because of the three, the Rubicon is the most likely to have seen some trail abuse and the least likely to have been driven exclusively to the mall. Also, the height is a turn off for some less tall buyers and the more rugged look (hood styling, decals, wheels) are too much for some pavement oriented folks.

JEEPIAN

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2DR
I bought a JLU Sport S in Oct '18, sold it to Carvana for top trade-in dollar in May '19, went to the dealership and picked up my factory ordered 2 dr.

Carvana made a better offer than any dealership or Jeep chop shop would even consider.

jwrangler

First Name
Vinod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB E350 4Matic, Odyssey EXL
I can attest to getting a great price from Carvana here in NC. They gave me a deal I couldn't refuse for my 18 JKU Sport Manual (~$2.5K off MSRP with ~3k miles). Overall experience of selling my Jeep was very pleasant (more Tesla like where you do everything online - no games, negotiation, unnecessary waiting time at the dealership, ...).

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
When I bought my JLU Sport recently, I had the dealer run the residual values on a Sahara and Rubicon as well. The Rubicon actually had the lowest residual value. I forget the actual percentages, but I remember Sport being the highest (maybe 72%?), followed by Sahara (60ish%). The Rubicon was much lower, though I can't really explain why.

That seems a little surprising to me. We've owned three Rubicon's previously and three held their value pretty well when we traded them in.

2008 4dr Rubicon auto - 72% of MSRP (Owned for 2 years and put 32k miles on it.)
2009 2dr Rubicon 6spd - 67% of MSRP (Owned for 2.75 years, put 38k miles on it.)
2012 4dr Rubicon 6spd - 68% of MSRP (Owned 6.5 years, put 67k miles on it)

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
That seems a little surprising to me. We've owned three Rubicon's previously and three held their value pretty well when we traded them in.

2008 4dr Rubicon auto - 72% of MSRP (Owned for 2 years and put 32k miles on it.)
2009 2dr Rubicon 6spd - 67% of MSRP (Owned for 2.75 years, put 38k miles on it.)
2012 4dr Rubicon 6spd - 68% of MSRP (Owned 6.5 years, put 67k miles on it)
That's pretty impressive. Curious if it has anything to do with what region of the country you're in...
Sponsored