Sponsored

Carvana or Vroom

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
2019 Jeep two door Rubicon. Pretty much all the options. 5900 miles.

This was done online:

Carvana offer 36,800
Vroom offer 42,200

Why such a huge difference? The obvious choice is Vroom, but if you look online, what you read ain't too pretty. Anyone have any insights on any of this type of buyback?
Sponsored

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM

This was done online:

Carvana offer 36,800
Vroom offer 42,200

Why such a huge difference? The obvious choice is Vroom, but if you look online, what you read ain't too pretty. Anyone have any insights on any of this type of buyback?
funny this came up we did the same thing for an Infinity and Vroom came up way short and Carvana came up high now we can't get ahold of carvana waited over an hour and still no answer...we uploaded what they asked for and nothing 48 hrs later

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
can you PM the VIN to me? I can run a bluebook sheet, the one we do here at the dealership is a lot different than kbb.com

Edit: my 2018 Rubicon 4 door is booking for $53000 and I dont have ACC or blindspot

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Out of curiosity I inputted my Jeep and they wouldn't give me any numbers.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Vroom came up higher than than Carvana for my JK. I was going to go with them until I learned that they pick up the vehicle first and you get a check sometime later (some people said it took several weeks to get paid with no communication in between). This made me a bit leery of using Vroom.

The Mini dealer offered me a price in the middle of the two, They are owned by Sonic Automotive Group and had me use thier CarCash app to value my trade. I took that deal for the tax savings on the purchase of my new Cooper, but you can sell outright to them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EdSoCal81

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
I’ve sold to both. Yes carvana will give you the check at pickup and vroom will be after they pick up and inspect.
For me it wasn’t too long, sold a Tesla model 3 prior to picking up the JLU. After vroom picked up, it took about 4 days before my check arrived. I wouldn’t hesitate with either companies

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Do you know if either of these companies will buy your lease. We have 2 JLUS and we have fallen in love wit the Tesla Model Y, so we want to get out of the 2019 Sport. The 2019 has about 24k miles.

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I sold my 2013 JK to Vroom, which gave me a higher price than Carvana. The wait for the payment check was minimal in my case; it was sent via FedEx overnight.

I wouldn't have a problem using Vroom again.

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
Have you looked at webuyany.com ? Carvana I like as they come to your door, but based on everything I have read tend to be a tad lower in value.

Ken~

Sponsored

Champagnesalvi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL rubicon
I just used Vroom for my WRX in March everything went smooth took about about less than 2 weeks to complete everything and get my check

TaZ_65

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I sold my truck to Vroom in February before ordering my Jeep - check was overnighted. They paid $6k more than what Carvana offered.

shane h.

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR (mine), '21 Hellayella JLUR (hers)
Just did an online comparison of VROOM and Carvana on my wifes 11 JK Sport. Carvana was almost $2k higher in their offer. Just waiting for them to come pick it up...

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
I sold my wife's Ford Edge to Carvana. Process was so easy and hassle free. They made me an offer I was happy with, and the actual process where they picked up the car took less than 15 minutes. I'll admit, I was nervous as the car had some dings, but they didn't say a word and gave me the full amount offered. As far as payment, I opted to have it wired into my account, which occurred about 24 hours after they took possession of the car. I'd do it again, no doubt about it.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

This was done online:

Carvana offer 36,800
Vroom offer 42,200

Vroom probably desperately needs the inventory, depending on the location. they can buy and sell at a loss in order to keep their lots from looking empty. seems to be the new business model nowaways. losing money (investor money) for quite some time until it takes off. Amazon lost money for years before they finally became profitable. worst thing for carvana and Vroom right now would be lack of inventory.

both gave me great offers. vroom offered more than i paid for my JLUS 3 years ago.
Carmax gave me an offer a few months ago. tried to get a value today and now the site says they want me to bring it in for appraisal. theyre always the lowest anyways so no thanks.
Sponsored