Sponsored

Cars you would look for if you couldn't get a Wrangler or a Gladiator.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Before I seriously looked at Jeeps, I was ready to order a new Z71 RST Silverado. GM has some amazing paint colors and damn if that's not just a beautiful truck.

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
It would have to be the new Dodge TRX - but for the same reason I couldn't get the V8 in my Jeep, I just couldn't afford the difference in cost. I sold off a few vehicles took all that money and bought as much Jeep as I could. Not having a mortgage payment was more important!

My first wife taught me a valuable lesson about borrowing money that left me broke for over 20 years. Never going there again.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I would get either a Grand Cherokee or a Ram Rebel 1500.

Car it would be a C8 but when I get that it won't just be a daily so the above 2 are more appropriate replacement for my Wrangler.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Let's imagine a world where you couldn't get a Wrangler or a Gladiator for one reason or the other. What are the cars you'd probably look for?

My top picks:
- Toyota 4Runner
- Toyota Tacoma (6MT)
- Subaru Outback Wilderness
- A crystal clean Toyota FJ Cruiser (6MT)

I didn't put the Defender in the list because it's way too expensive. As for the Land Cruiser, it's not available in Canada.

What are yours?
Probably a Bronco.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Let's imagine a world where you couldn't get a Wrangler or a Gladiator for one reason or the other. What are the cars you'd probably look for?

My top picks:
- Toyota 4Runner
- Toyota Tacoma (6MT)

I didn't put the Defender in the list because it's way too expensive. As for the Land Cruiser, it's not available in Canada.

What are yours?
Ford or Chevy 4x4 REGULAR cab/long bed "work truck" or maybe a 2dr Bronco/Japanese cartoon character. Those are all serious concessions for me, but at least it's not a glorified station wagon/people hauler like 90% of vehicles sold in the US. I'd drive a one seater 4x4 if they made one that was street legal!

VAJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU

My top picks:
- Toyota 4Runner
- Toyota Tacoma (6MT)

What are yours?
A Sea Ray 310 Sundancer 👌🏻

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Probably a Toyota Tacoma

Sponsored

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
I would go back to a 72 Chevy truck if I could find one, same as I had during high school
This picture isn't mine , but close to it, short box and a overbuilt built 350 .
Man I miss that truck.
Bummer they don't cost $1500 anymore.

P1010003.jpg

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

My top picks:
- Toyota 4Runner
- Toyota Tacoma (6MT)

What are yours?
Total pipe dream, but my all time fav would be a 70 Chevelle exactly like this one…

… isn’t she gorgeous?

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Audi Q5 (55 TFSI PHEV)

The MSRP was the same as 4xe Sahara, specced comparably. Grew up in a Audi/VW household, so I’ve always had a soft spot for those smallish European wagons. Had a JKU, and ended up sticking with Jeep.

I really wanted a TRD Pro Tacoma. But damn, at 6’5” with a bad back, I HATED the seating position. TRD 4Runner was too ugly to me - Don’t know what they were thinking with that front end.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Audi Q5 (55 TFSI PHEV)

The MSRP was the same as 4xe Sahara, specced comparably. Grew up in a Audi/VW household, so I’ve always had a soft spot for those smallish European wagons. Had a JKU, and ended up sticking with Jeep.

I really wanted a TRD Pro Tacoma. But damn, at 6’5” with a bad back, I HATED the seating position. TRD 4Runner was too ugly to me - Don’t know what they were thinking with that front end.
Yeah, I feel like you are sitting on the floor in a Tacoma. I'm 6'5" too and wouldn't be able to live with it.

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
I see most people don't buy a jeep for jeep type things. Most of these second options are at a completely opposite end of the spectrum.
Sponsored