Carry Rack for Back of Jeep

dnegran

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
We are trying to find a good sized carry rack to connect to our hitch. We need it to carry coolers, beach chairs and fishing poles. If it could fold up, it would be perfect. Anyone know where we can find one? Jeep doesn't seem to make one. Thanks

Dennis Negran
North Carolina
Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Would you want to access the back with the tray attached? You'll need a swing-away attachment for that.

For a regular tray, I use a Curt Aluminum tray like this: https://www.curtmfg.com/part/18100

Oh, it seems they changed the specs. Mine was a tray and separate fold-up hinge attachment. They appear to be a single unit now. Mine has a longer shank though.

Look into aluminum trays, Harbor Freight has a bunch. They are light enough for most people to easily handle, and you won't have to repaint/replace them every three years, especially if you're mostly using it for the beach.

Some even have rod holders built-in, but they are easy to get separately.

You might have to look at separate trays and fold-up hinges for your exact use.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Princess auto aluminum rack... but had to put an extention on it to clear the spare tire...
Jeep Wrangler JL Carry Rack for Back of Jeep 20200529_134247

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I got this one by Curt (from Home Depot). It clears the spare tire without an extension, and it folds up. The tailgate does not clear it, so whatever is going in the cargo area needs to go in first.

Just used it for the first time this past weekend on a 360 mile each way drive for camping. Roads were a mix of local, state highway, and interstate, with a ton of construction zones where we bounced a lot. It held solid the entire trip.
Sponsored