Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if it applies to the USB in the console
I do know the ones behind the rear console do but not sure if inside the console does
Sponsored

masksav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS
I guess I may have answered my own question. I left it sticking out of the console last night where I could see it in the dark. This morning checked it and watched it for a good 10 minutes and noticed it would did not come on until I touch the door handle at which time the USB and the red light lite up. So to confirm after a period of time the USB in the center console does power down.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I just found another bit of good news if you could call it that, on the front USB port and inside console USB port if I were using my Carlinkit 2.0 if I plugged into one of these to charge my phone it seemed to confuse Apple Carplay but if I plug it into the USB port on the back side of the center console it does not interfere with the adapter but it’s the USB port on the right side and after looking at the manual it says that USB port is for charging only and does not work with Uconnect 👍🏻

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Here is whats in the manual, I just plugged in a long USB cable and tucked it along the console and have it up by the parking brake so now I can plug in my phone to charge if needed and not have it confuse CarPlay plus my wife can do the same with her phone if needed and I can enjoy being cord free for CarPlay

Jeep Wrangler JL Carplay2air??? Wireless carplay dongle 646557F1-3AE5-4E33-9F9D-11A51539EF5B

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
I just found another bit of good news if you could call it that, on the front USB port and inside console USB port if I were using my Carlinkit 2.0 if I plugged into one of these to charge my phone it seemed to confuse Apple Carplay but if I plug it into the USB port on the back side of the center console it does not interfere with the adapter but it’s the USB port on the right side and after looking at the manual it says that USB port is for charging only and does not work with Uconnect 👍🏻
I used both of these ports for carplay until last week. But they both seem to show up as an iPod when pluged in

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I used both of these ports for carplay until last week. But they both seem to show up as an iPod when pluged in
Hmm maybe I’m lucky, when I plug my phone into the one on the right it just charges and does not affect my wireless car play at all

StartedWith97TJ

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Rubicon w/ SOT
Just a warning to the group. If you are in the market for a wireless Car Play adapter, avoid the CPLAY2AIR product at all costs. Mine had playback issues from the first day I received it. The issues occur in multiple vehicles and with a variety of phones. I worked with their support team for more than a month. Nothing helped the issues, but they refused to provide a working/replacement item, and they demanded that I pay shipping charges to return a defective product (that was reported as defective to them, one day after the delivery was received).

Checking other forums, I am not the only one having these issues, and many people are complaining about not getting a replacement or full refund. Protect yourself and your money and try one of the other brands.

keep Jeep’n!!!

ArnelC

First Name
Arnel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Using Carlinkit 4.0 Wireless Carplay with no issue, connected to USB inside center console. Bought from Amazon Prime day last July.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Just a warning to the group. If you are in the market for a wireless Car Play adapter, avoid the CPLAY2AIR product at all costs. Mine had playback issues from the first day I received it. The issues occur in multiple vehicles and with a variety of phones. I worked with their support team for more than a month. Nothing helped the issues, but they refused to provide a working/replacement item, and they demanded that I pay shipping charges to return a defective product (that was reported as defective to them, one day after the delivery was received).

Checking other forums, I am not the only one having these issues, and many people are complaining about not getting a replacement or full refund. Protect yourself and your money and try one of the other brands.

keep Jeep’n!!!
I’ve had the original carplay2air since Nov 2019 and other than a few drops here and there, it’s been flawless in my 19’ Rubicon

StartedWith97TJ

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Rubicon w/ SOT
Mikejd1 - Experiences like yours are what led me to purchase from them, and I completely agree that some people have had great experiences. The problem seems to occur if/when you need support, or if you happen to get a lemon. If you get a bad one, they charge you money to take it back, and they will not send a working item. I just wanted to warn others, and remind them that there are other equivalent options with better return policies.

keep Jeep’n!!!
Sponsored