OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
The newest one they have. They had me download firmware via USB to load onto the device directly instead of over the web.
I def think you have something setup wrong. I have 3 JLs (1 mine and 2 friends) who have the unit and it’s near perfect.

maybe you could please take a short video and post here what it’s doingso we can all help you make the best use of your money and the product
Sponsored

Smooth9883

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU & 2018 WK2 Trailhawk
OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Here is the video I took and sent to support so they could watch my process. It’s fairly long.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0UstY5a04DaNVwSM1QpxScSHg#Castle_Pines
ok my friend, first and foremost, let's get you rolled back to 1.22 which I know 100% is confirmed working for all wranglers I have.

here is the link.

http://112.74.112.110/download/2020-01-22/U2W_Update.img

Once you download this, put the FAT32 usb stick into your computer, make sure its formatted as FAT32, then move that file to the root directory. Once it's in there, go ahead and take your dongle and plug it into a wall USB adapter, then plug the usb stick into the dongle until the blue light appears as solid. Could take up to 2 min for the blue light to appear

Report back when this is done

Then, wipe out all settings of carplay2air on your iPhone. Rewmove if from general - CarPlay and remove your car. Delete the bluetooth connection from phone. Then reboot phone

once the phone is rebooted, plug the dongle back into the jeep. let it go through it's process again

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I def think you have something setup wrong. I have 3 JLs (1 mine and 2 friends) who have the unit and it’s near perfect.

maybe you could please take a short video and post here what it’s doingso we can all help you make the best use of your money and the product
We have it on two here and it flawless as well. The firmware that just came out seems to have addressed the slow connect issue that sometimes happened with the older one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
We have it on two here and it flawless as well. The firmware that just came out seems to have addressed the slow connect issue that sometimes happened with the older one.
Are you
Saying it’s safe to update to 7/17 version on wrangler?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have been kinda following this and wondering if all the bugs have been worked out and if so once ordered how long to receive, I’m sure it will be longer to get due to Covid 19 and shipping

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Are you
Saying it’s safe to update to 7/17 version on wrangler?
All I can say is that I took the plunge and it works great for us on two JLURs. It seems a bit quicker and I haven’t had a single issue with it since the update.

Smooth9883

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU & 2018 WK2 Trailhawk
Okay so I’ve been working with the OP on how to get this thing to work. Back and forth, downloading different versions of firmware. Nothing seemed to work. I finally downlloaded the latest version of firmware from 7.16. When I hooked it up, still nothing. Then I tried updating it via the 192 website and when I did, it worked great. So I’m not sure what version it downloaded, but that seemed to do the trick.

So yes, its working now and seems to be really fast and responsive. I‘m not sure if my case was a one off, but the fact they wanted me to pay to send the device back and restock it was completely unacceptable. So if there was another brand out there that works without a false store front based in the USA, then I would take a look at that.

Thanks MikeJD1 for the help!

OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Okay so I’ve been working with the OP on how to get this thing to work. Back and forth, downloading different versions of firmware. Nothing seemed to work. I finally downlloaded the latest version of firmware from 7.16. When I hooked it up, still nothing. Then I tried updating it via the 192 website and when I did, it worked great. So I’m not sure what version it downloaded, but that seemed to do the trick.

So yes, its working now and seems to be really fast and responsive. I‘m not sure if my case was a one off, but the fact they wanted me to pay to send the device back and restock it was completely unacceptable. So if there was another brand out there that works without a false store front based in the USA, then I would take a look at that.

Thanks MikeJD1 for the help!
Glad it worked!!

Sponsored

patterm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
All, I ordered the CarPlay2Air on April 20th and just received it. In the meantime I went and purchased a CarLink from Amazon and been running that for about a month. CarPlay charges $25 to restock and who knows what to ship back to manufacturer. My loss can be someone's gain. I'm willing to let it go for $100 and I'll ship priority to someone. I really like the CarLink. It is great to not have to plug in your phone every trip.

willyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Cherokee
All, I ordered the CarPlay2Air on April 20th and just received it. In the meantime I went and purchased a CarLink from Amazon and been running that for about a month. CarPlay charges $25 to restock and who knows what to ship back to manufacturer. My loss can be someone's gain. I'm willing to let it go for $100 and I'll ship priority to someone. I really like the CarLink. It is great to not have to plug in your phone every trip.
I sent you a DM

willyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Cherokee
what’s the difference in the CarLink and CarPlay out of curiosity?

RED107

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s, 2015 RAM ECOD Laramie, 1981 Fiat Spider
I received mine this week as well. Took ten weeks for it to arrive. I had to get the BBB and my CC company involved. I installed it updated software. Worked for about a day. Now unit won't connect to phone. Took it out, I'm going to try and install the right software. I saw on this thread that it could be an issue. Their business practice is suspect. They have a US address but want you to send it all the way back to china in order to get a refund and a 25 dollar restock fee. I suggest people with issue contact BBB and file a complaint.
Sponsored