Carplay2air??? Wireless carplay dongle

Griff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLUR
Just heard back from carplay2air. We’ve been going back daily trying to update the unit to work properly. They said today I should return the unit, I’ll pay for shipping, if they find nothing is wrong with it, they’ll charge me a restocking fee.

I wrote back and let them know I want the device to work. They should send me another one free but it seems they’re not a reputable company, so we’ll see how they respond. If not I’ll see if I can work with my credit card company and dispute the charge.
Good luck! I spent 5 months going back and forth with them as I was getting a could not activate error message. They suggested I return the device (with tracking) and they will send me a replacement, however I told them I wasn't paying $50+ to return their device.

Long story short a few logs were shared and they gave me a username and password that eventually worked. Though not necessarily thrilled with the device always connecting and what appeared to be a delay in audio when making calls.
Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I order mine on may 17th. Haven't received it yet. I have contacted the company and asked for a refund. They keep apologizing for the delay and asking me to wait a few more day. They keep sending me a link of its location in Indiana and say its on its way. I live in Florida. I tracked it and it arrived in LA went through customs on June 6, shipped to Washington St, then to Vegas, then to Indiana. Who is their shipping company. They claim USPS. I don't think so. I would of never ordered it if I knew it was coming from China. I search online and others have the same issue. Company not reliable and has very poor customer service.
Just call your CC company and do a charge back and be done with it.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Just heard back from carplay2air. We’ve been going back daily trying to update the unit to work properly. They said today I should return the unit, I’ll pay for shipping, if they find nothing is wrong with it, they’ll charge me a restocking fee.

I wrote back and let them know I want the device to work. They should send me another one free but it seems they’re not a reputable company, so we’ll see how they respond. If not I’ll see if I can work with my credit card company and dispute the charge.
Wait...so they want you to pay for return shipping AND also possibly incur a restock fee?! Screw those guys.

Smooth9883

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU & 2018 WK2 Trailhawk
Wait...so they want you to pay for return shipping AND also possibly incur a restock fee?! Screw those guys.
Yep exactly! I wrote them back and let them know this isn’t acceptable. Depending on how they respond I might need to go through my CC company, but it’s been a long time I’m not sure how that will go. At the end of the day I’m very disappointed. All the reviews online and YouTube really show this thing as being great. I’m a really tech savvy person so it’s frustrating I can’t get this thing to work.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Yep exactly! I wrote them back and let them know this isn’t acceptable. Depending on how they respond I might need to go through my CC company, but it’s been a long time I’m not sure how that will go. At the end of the day I’m very disappointed. All the reviews online and YouTube really show this thing as being great. I’m a really tech savvy person so it’s frustrating I can’t get this thing to work.
Last time I did a charge back in a situation like this, the CC company wanted a tracking number. They didn't even seem to care where it went just as long as I attempted to return the item. If I was in your boat, I would ship it back to their US address and contact my credit card company to start the charge back process. I would tell them I received a defective product and the company was unwilling to issue me a credit and/or pay for return shipping...so I sent it back to their US address listed on their website (or wherever the hell it is listed). I am willing to bet you'll win the charge back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Works like a beaut in my wrangler JL 2019. Had it since last November. I blasted them several times nov dec and January. And 1.22s firmware worked the best in my Jeep. Left it alone ever since.

Smooth9883

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I worked with my bank this morning and they credited me for the charge. Kudos to them!

The manufacturer refused to pay for shipping or ship a new device. At this point even if the device does work for some, I highly recommend not working with this company. It’s really disappointing to buy something you think is being made by a company in the US only to find out that is all a front and the company is actually in china. I have no problem with items made in other countries, but the false front is what i have an issue with. It makes this entire process that much more complicated.

RED107

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s, 2015 RAM ECOD Laramie, 1981 Fiat Spider
I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It took sometime but was able to find there parent company info. I was told they would not issue a refund because the item was already shipped.

Business ID: 0092017625
Name: Solutions4Auto
Address: 364 E Main St Ste 1012
City: Middletown
State/County: DE
Zip/Postal Code: 19709
Business Phone Number: (347) 514-7601
URL:

OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It took sometime but was able to find there parent company info. I was told they would not issue a refund because the item was already shipped.

Business ID: 0092017625
Name: Solutions4Auto
Address: 364 E Main St Ste 1012
City: Middletown
State/County: DE
Zip/Postal Code: 19709
Business Phone Number: (347) 514-7601
URL:
Lol. Why. The unit works fine. Near perfect in Jeep. I did this in the early days of the product. Last November and December. Fought with them and CC company. But after I helped them out with testing the product they made it work.
What exactly is your issue? What type of Jeep do you have? Sound system? Etc.

Smooth9883

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol. Why. The unit works fine. Near perfect in Jeep. I did this in the early days of the product. Last November and December. Fought with them and CC company. But after I helped them out with testing the product they made it work.
Mine doesn’t work. Freezes on the connecting screen even though it is connected.
2019 jlur uconnect 8.4.
So yeah this company is a fraud. They should advertise as being from China and not the US.

Sponsored

RED107

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s, 2015 RAM ECOD Laramie, 1981 Fiat Spider
Unit never arrived. They won't issue a refund because unit was already shipped. Been waiting since mid may. They keep sending me links to USPS and it says its still in Indiana since July 8. I live in Florida. Unit was shipped from china to LA, then to Washington State, then to Vegas, then to IN. It arrived in LA in June. They use a third party shipper Pitney Bowes. USPS doesn't even know where it is because it has not been turned over to them for final delivery.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Unit never arrived. They won't issue a refund because unit was already shipped. Been waiting since mid may. They keep sending me links to USPS and it says its still in Indiana since July 8. I live in Florida. Unit was shipped from china to LA, then to Washington State, then to Vegas, then to IN. It arrived in LA in June. They use a third party shipper Pitney Bowes. USPS doesn't even know where it is because it has not been turned over to them for final delivery.
Stop wasting your time with them and call your credit card company and do a chargeback. I would think they would rule in your favor simply because it has been 2 months.

OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Mine doesn’t work. Freezes on the connecting screen even though it is connected.
2019 jlur uconnect 8.4.
So yeah this company is a fraud. They should advertise as being from China and not the US.
You must have REALLY old software. What version is running?

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
For those having trouble with the unit, check out info Here. This may help.