Sponsored

Carplay2air??? Wireless carplay dongle

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
No. I am the consumer who was the victim of a scam, is out of $159.95, and does not have a wireless CarPlay solution because his vehicle is not supported by Carklinkit either.
If they told me it worked with my car but it really didn’t, they’d be paying for return shipping. If not...chargeback!

lukow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Unless they notified me upfront that it would take 2 months or more, this would be grounds for a chargeback.
I would have requested a refund, but I really wanted to get one and I was able to use the discount code, so I figured I would let it play out a little longer. I did email them, and they said the reason for the delay was the riots going on in America and that some items were stolen in transit. It's scheduled for delivery today, so it wasn't stolen, but it was just stilling in customs for a very long time. I hope it was worth the wait.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Mine arrived today. Ordered on June 23.
Well that took all of 10 minutes to figure out how kludgey and sluggish this thing is. Will just stick with wired CarPlay.

So now begins my quest to return this for a refund. :)

Sponsored

netnative

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep Wrangler
Well that took all of 10 minutes to figure out how kludgey and sluggish this thing is. Will just stick with wired CarPlay.

So now begins my quest to return this for a refund. :)
Please let us know how it went with the return.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Please let us know how it went with the return.
Every time I request return instructions they just send me troubleshooting tips. Going to route of disputing the charge now since they don’t want to cooperate.

netnative

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep Wrangler
Every time I request return instructions they just send me troubleshooting tips. Going to route of disputing the charge now since they don’t want to cooperate.
Good luck with the dispute. Mine is pending review. After the cat and mouse game with Support, it is likely that you will be instructed to ship the return to the following address:

Alex
JinRong Dasha
Huicheng District
Huizhou City
GuangDong Province
China
Postal: 516000
Phone: +8618379715520

The Shipping and Returns page of CARPLAY2air.com provides that “[y]ou will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item.” However, it does not state that returned merchandise must be shipped to China. Shipping to China is expensive. Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box service to that country costs $36.45.

The phone number above appears on Newcarplay.com. It is unclear what is the relationship between Newcarplay and the merchant that sells CPLAY2air, but I suspect that Newcarplay is the manufacturer of both CPLAY2air and Carlinkit 2.0.

In my view, the merchant should explain to the credit card issuing bank why customers cannot ship returns to the Delaware address that appears on CARPLAY2air.com.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that’s pretty much how I thought it may play out. I’m not really expecting much, just in it for the sport at this point. :)

Sponsored

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that’s pretty much how I thought it may play out. I’m not really expecting much, just in it for the sport at this point. :)
This is comical. :idea:

Jeep Wrangler JL Carplay2air??? Wireless carplay dongle EA8296B7-26DC-4D35-8E6D-246762E8D415

Smooth9883

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU & 2018 WK2 Trailhawk
So I got mine yesterday and I can’t get it to work to save my life.
I’ve paired it following the instructions, rebooted my phone, but every time I turn my Jeep on it goes to the normal screens, then the connecting screen and stays there until I’m done with my drive. When I hit cancel Siri comes on asking what I want to say to my group of friends. So that tells me it’s running in the background but the screen on the Jeep shows connecting.
I’ve removed all Bluetooth and wireless connections for it and added it back about five times. I’ve also tried many times not touching or doing anything until it connects properly. When going to the firmware website it shows as upto date.
Does anyone have any ideas?

RED107

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s, 2015 RAM ECOD Laramie, 1981 Fiat Spider
I order mine on may 17th. Haven't received it yet. I have contacted the company and asked for a refund. They keep apologizing for the delay and asking me to wait a few more day. They keep sending me a link of its location in Indiana and say its on its way. I live in Florida. I tracked it and it arrived in LA went through customs on June 6, shipped to Washington St, then to Vegas, then to Indiana. Who is their shipping company. They claim USPS. I don't think so. I would of never ordered it if I knew it was coming from China. I search online and others have the same issue. Company not reliable and has very poor customer service.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I've given up on this device. It works sometimes but hangs or won't connect at startup other times which requires me to unplug and plug the device back. I'll be giving it to one of my kids to see if it works any better in their VW SUV. Way too much time trying to get this device to work so I'll just stick to using a cable. I suspect the VW will have the same issue.

Smooth9883

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU & 2018 WK2 Trailhawk
Just heard back from carplay2air. We’ve been going back daily trying to update the unit to work properly. They said today I should return the unit, I’ll pay for shipping, if they find nothing is wrong with it, they’ll charge me a restocking fee.

I wrote back and let them know I want the device to work. They should send me another one free but it seems they’re not a reputable company, so we’ll see how they respond. If not I’ll see if I can work with my credit card company and dispute the charge.
Sponsored