Sponsored

Carplay2air??? Wireless carplay dongle

willyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Cherokee
I'm STILL waiting to receive mine in the mail and I ordered it on April 12th. However they have been pretty responsive with updating me on worthless shipping info.

I bought this to wirelessly charge mine so there are no cords ANYWHERE. Super excited for this set up if I ever get it :)

https://www.scosche.com/magicmount-charge-3
Sponsored

JSG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
Worth every penny, used the loyalty code and got the 30 bucks off.

i ordered it on the 18th and received it today on the 26th. So eight days to Hawaii. Not bad.

i plugged it inside the middle console and 3m taped it to the side. Now i just get into the Jeep and go and CarPlay automaticly connects.

I got the scosche magic mount to wireless charge my phone. Paired with the 67 design mount, works flawlessly. I hardwired a USB adapter to the 12V power. The only extra thing i needed to do was get the ram adapter to mount to the small ball from the scosche magic mount. Pretty neat set up. definitely worth it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Carplay2air??? Wireless carplay dongle EC946FC2-A3FD-4074-BDB9-E7868EC32467

JSG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
I'm STILL waiting to receive mine in the mail and I ordered it on April 12th. However they have been pretty responsive with updating me on worthless shipping info.

I bought this to wirelessly charge mine so there are no cords ANYWHERE. Super excited for this set up if I ever get it :)

https://www.scosche.com/magicmount-charge-3
I took your idea and ran with it. Works great!

willyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Cherokee
Damn I still haven’t gotten mine but I am REALLY excited! I already love my schosche wireless charging mount!

Reactions: JSG

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
So every so often my music cuts out for a split second.
Ok so this may not be my car2airplay. I was in another car using the car’s Bluetooth, not the car2airplay and my music was still cutting out. So I guess it’s my phone. Even with all the little bugs in it I’m so happy I purchased this. I use it all the time and don’t have to worry about my new iPhone overcharging as I have read that can be bad for the battery.

Sponsored

Techbrute

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Worth every penny, used the loyalty code and got the 30 bucks off.

i ordered it on the 18th and received it today on the 26th. So eight days to Hawaii. Not bad.

i plugged it inside the middle console and 3m taped it to the side. Now i just get into the Jeep and go and CarPlay automaticly connects.

I got the scosche magic mount to wireless charge my phone. Paired with the 67 design mount, works flawlessly. I hardwired a USB adapter to the 12V power. The only extra thing i needed to do was get the ram adapter to mount to the small ball from the scosche magic mount. Pretty neat set up. definitely worth it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Carplay2air??? Wireless carplay dongle EC946FC2-A3FD-4074-BDB9-E7868EC32467
Which 67D mount holds the Scosche?

JSG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
None, I had to buy some moldable adhesive to bind the ram arm to the ball. It’s like .5inch sizeball (if that) and the 67 mount uses a inch size ball. I can do a quick write up. I also got their dash cam that also
Works amazingly. All hard wired and wires are hidden. Pretty clean install.

Techbrute

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, I had to buy some moldable adhesive to bind the ram arm to the ball. It’s like .5inch sizeball (if that) and the 67 mount uses a inch size ball. I can do a quick write up. I also got their dash cam that also
Works amazingly. All hard wired and wires are hidden. Pretty clean install.
I'd certainly enjoy seeing that writeup.

JSG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
If you are using the scoche dash cam, you’ll just remove the driver side grab bar. I ran the USB c cord (that powers the dash cam) under the dash trim and routed it into the entertainment center behind the radio.

For the Magic wireless charger, i mounted it to the 67 ram arm with the putty in the description and let it set overnight. It harden so it stuck on the ram mount.

I drilled a hole into the cubby at the top and ran the USB C cord behind the radio.

I installed the USB adapter to cigaret lighter using negative and positive wire. Black is negative, and white and orange is the positive. There is three wire, use the bigger wires of the three.

Plug in the usb cords to the adapter and zip tie the cord out of the way.

The Carplay2air is plug in the center console arm rest and works almost every time i get it. If it doesn’t connect, i just press reconnect and it eventually connects. But it works 98% of the time.

Iterms i use are the following:

https://www.scosche.com/charge3-dash
$70.00

https://www.scosche.com/nexc1-smart-dash-camera-adhesive-powered-by-nexar
$90.00

USB adapter
$13.00

67Mout
$115.00 (the one i got, i think you can just get the single side one)

Moldable glue
$17.00 (i used two of the black ones)

Ill add photo of how it looks tomorrow during the day. The Magic charger swivels and the magnet holds really well. It works perfectly with the IPhone 11 Pro Max.

Side note, the dash cam connects to your phone using WiFi and so does the Carplay2air. So set it up without the Carplay2air plugged in and after you are done with the set up, you can just reconnect the car play and the dashcam will still work.

D84A7D6B-E097-4A49-A388-8E5F13709D0E.jpeg

2A6175EB-B56B-42BE-B3E4-25854C84D4CC.jpeg

35B5FD69-FCB7-4828-9CD1-435D463A03DF.jpeg

C47C46DC-5954-4AD4-BA41-F9B26223328B.jpeg

6EE3BB3A-B518-46C0-A11E-588A6F9D5CAB.jpeg

Sponsored

Techbrute

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In this thread I printed a adapter ball for my magic mount to work with a RAM mount. It is still going strong.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...you-do-to-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/post-812235
This is great! Good job.

From what I can tell, and I may be wrong, there are basically 2 standard ball sizes, PLUS the RAM MOUNT sizes.

15mm is the standard ball size seen on most consumer mobile device mounts. You'll see this in Scosche, Anker, and others.

20mm is the standard ball size used by 67Designs.

1" is the most common RAM MOUNT size.

I'm a little surprised that there aren't commercially available ball mount converters to go to a bigger size. Seems 67D is in a good place to offer a 15mm to 20mm adapter, so that standard consumer device mounts can be used with their mounting system. A 67D arm with a 15mm socket on one end would be ideal, as well. RAM moves too slow to offer something like that any time soon, but it's a thought.

Reactions: JSG

Techbrute

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, I just thought to look, size B is the common RAM mount, at 1", but they have a size A which is 9/16", which translates to a nominal 14.25mm. I'm betting that 15mm on the Scosche would fit like a champ.

I made the mistake of ordering the RAM rail instead of the 67D rail, so I'm stuck waiting around for them to make some, I guess.

They showed them as available instead of out of stock, so I ordered it and several other things, then weeks later I got an email that my order shipped. Sweet, I thought. Then, shortly thereafter, they send an email saying that they aren't allowed to ship or manufacture unless it's "essential" and marked as such. I guess that's their way of saying that they can't make the rail, because they didn't ship it, but they did ship the rest of my order. :headbang:

All that is to say, that the whole dash mount thing is on hold until Washington State decides to open back up a little more.

JSG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler

JSG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
This is great! Good job.

From what I can tell, and I may be wrong, there are basically 2 standard ball sizes, PLUS the RAM MOUNT sizes.

15mm is the standard ball size seen on most consumer mobile device mounts. You'll see this in Scosche, Anker, and others.

20mm is the standard ball size used by 67Designs.

1" is the most common RAM MOUNT size.

I'm a little surprised that there aren't commercially available ball mount converters to go to a bigger size. Seems 67D is in a good place to offer a 15mm to 20mm adapter, so that standard consumer device mounts can be used with their mounting system. A 67D arm with a 15mm socket on one end would be ideal, as well. RAM moves too slow to offer something like that any time soon, but it's a thought.
Ram makes an arm that is A size and you can get a ball that adapts from a to b but the shipping was more than the products so I just went Witt this cheap way. It works, a little ugly but it works for what I need.

Techbrute

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram makes an arm that is A size and you can get a ball that adapts from a to b but the shipping was more than the products so I just went Witt this cheap way. It works, a little ugly but it works for what I need.
Yeah, nothing wrong with your way. I was just wishing for something a little less time consuming.
Sponsored