First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Just got back my center console with the wireless charger installed...

IMG_3492.jpeg

Next I want to run a cable from an AUX switch to it so I can control when its on, and so I can use my carplay2air device in the center console usb port. Now to figure out how to take apart the center console to get wires in there...
Looks great! How is the charger working? Any issues? And if you don’t mind me asking what was the turnaround time from when you ordered it to getting it back?

Thanks
Sponsored

mkordick

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S 2-door - Ocean Blue
Looks great! How is the charger working? Any issues? And if you don’t mind me asking what was the turnaround time from when you ordered it to getting it back?

Thanks
I had the same questions ...

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
It should have taken 10 days to receive mine but the local FedEx office sat on it for 2 weeks. Jury is still out on mine. After a few days it was quirky on connecting. Though mine was shipped in April, it was missing the latest update from a few months ago. I've updated the software and only driven it once - pixelated screen so unplugged and plugged back in to resolve. I'm hoping that's a one time occurrence but haven't driven since.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
So more bugs on mine. I leave the CarPlay2air plugged into the usb during short stops and I noticed when I start up my Jeep many times it has a hard time connecting. The screen will show it’s on CarPlay playing my song but no sound is coming out from CarPlay. Instead the radio is playing even though I have CarPlay on my screen showing that my music is playing. So I have to remove and reinsert. I have the latest software too so I can’t be the only one with these bugs.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So more bugs on mine. I leave the CarPlay2air plugged into the usb during short stops and I noticed when I start up my Jeep many times it has a hard time connecting. The screen will show it’s on CarPlay playing my song but no sound is coming out from CarPlay. Instead the radio is playing even though I have CarPlay on my screen showing that my music is playing. So I have to remove and reinsert. I have the latest software too so I can’t be the only one with these bugs.
I've had that plus more issues. Drove 15 miles yesterday in a constant loop of trying to connect. Unplugged/plugged back in and tried both usb ports. Finally went into my phone's bluetooth and clicked uconne-c251 connection and it worked.

This morning, nothing works. Wifi shows uconnect9c and bluetooth shows uconnect. When carplay tires to connect, uconne-c251 is connected but the radio searches and eventually goes back to the screen stating "use a bluetooth connection uconne-c251" and immediately drops the bluetooth connection to uconne-c251. I click on uconne-c251 and it just loops through the same process.

Sponsored

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
For anyone interested in the way some companies handle shipping.
The order is placed online.
The company determines the item is in stock, or they have immediate means to obtain said item.
The order is created, the shipping label is created, automated email sent to the customer with tracking info.
Here is when the fun begins. Company "A" has one warehouse guy, who can process 20 orders a day. They average 25 orders per day, with Monday being the heaviest with weekend orders. Your tracking info is sent first thing Monday morning. "Sweet, I should have it by Friday". The warehouse guy finally packs your item Wednesday/Thursday. UPS/FedEx picks it up, and now your ground shipped item will get to you some time the following week. (If you're lucky)
Company "B" has five warehouse guys, processing the same amount of orders, and your item ships Monday, received by Thursday and you're happy.

To sum it up, shipping labels are created first, order packed, a label slapped on, then it depends on how often UPS/FedEx comes by, or how often the company drops orders to the shipper.

I worked for a small company that shipped anywhere from 0 to 10 things a day. If an order came in late afternoon and we didn't have any other orders, the order went out the following day.

A bunch of words, that are meaningless ... obviously I am bored.
Have a good day. :LOL::headbang:

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I've had that plus more issues. Drove 15 miles yesterday in a constant loop of trying to connect. Unplugged/plugged back in and tried both usb ports. Finally went into my phone's bluetooth and clicked uconne-c251 connection and it worked.

This morning, nothing works. Wifi shows uconnect9c and bluetooth shows uconnect. When carplay tires to connect, uconne-c251 is connected but the radio searches and eventually goes back to the screen stating "use a bluetooth connection uconne-c251" and immediately drops the bluetooth connection to uconne-c251. I click on uconne-c251 and it just loops through the same process.
It's experiences like this that have kept me on the sidelines...even with the discount, these things are too pricey to be dealing with these kinds of issues, IMO.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
It's experiences like this that have kept me on the sidelines...even with the discount, these things are too pricey to be dealing with these kinds of issues, IMO.
Likewise, I have been observing this matter on multiple forums.

Based on everything that I have read, I am better off just physically connecting to my phone. Until, there is a better solution, the nuisance of plugging the phone in is out weighed by the issues created.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So I spent a couple of hours messing with this device between doing actual work at home. Deleted all bluetooth connections and setup once again. I finally realized my USB wasn't showing Carplay now and recognized my iPhone as an iPod. So down the path of pulling F11, F51, F97 and F102 fuses. Trying different ports and cables. Verifying some oddball setting on my iPhone wasn't reset since this is an employer provided phone. Nothing. Then common sense prevailed and I rebooted my iPhone. Everything works for now - all usbs and the carplay2air dongle.

When all else fails - reboot! I'll see how it works over the next several days.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
OK guys, got my CarPlay2Air in last week and it works great... Major improvements from the first release back in Dec 2019. So I would but it and plan to for my Jeeping buddy wife.

Now I did read some post on updating and I too had problems but keep trying to make sure if you try to connect via wifi, you may need to tell your bluetooth to forget this device so it get wifi for the device.... my wifi said JeepXXXX connect. Also make sure you have cellular working as you will need to connect to the web site 192.168.50.2 to access on your iPhone Safari. My device had the current software so all is good. Do not have to get up. It is worth buying. I now jump in my Jeep with iPhone in pocket and it connects within less then 5 seconds. Liking this... no battery drain as it cycle off after Jeep is off. Let me know if you have issues and I will try to help you.

Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
So I spent a couple of hours messing with this device between doing actual work at home. Deleted all bluetooth connections and setup once again. I finally realized my USB wasn't showing Carplay now and recognized my iPhone as an iPod. So down the path of pulling F11, F51, F97 and F102 fuses. Trying different ports and cables. Verifying some oddball setting on my iPhone wasn't reset since this is an employer provided phone. Nothing. Then common sense prevailed and I rebooted my iPhone. Everything works for now - all usbs and the carplay2air dongle.

When all else fails - reboot! I'll see how it works over the next several days.
Yes reboot is key. I also did not connect my USB cable to the CarPlay2Air device and let it force it to find the bluetooth first then told my bluetooth to forget this device and it forced it to wifi connection to JeepXXX. Glad you got it working. How do you like it.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Question.... Why do you need to access a website with your phone for Bluetooth setup? I don't think I have ever connected a Bluetooth device to the web before.
Sounds like a lot of personal information being sent to China TBH.
:CWL::lipssealed:
Yes, yes, to make sure the dongle is on the latest "firmware".
Stay frosty.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Question.... Why do you need to access a website with your phone for Bluetooth setup? I don't think I have ever connected a Bluetooth device to the web before.
Sounds like a lot of personal information being sent to China TBH.
:CWL::lipssealed:
Yes, yes, to make sure the dongle is on the latest "firmware".
Stay frosty.
The 192.168.50.2 address for CarPlay2air is just the web interface of the device. It is private address space. You can’t hit it from any other network. The web interface gives you the option to update the firmware as well as get some simple diagnostic information.

Also, Carplay is not just a Bluetooth connection either. It actually utilized both WiFi and Bluetooth.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yes reboot is key. I also did not connect my USB cable to the CarPlay2Air device and let it force it to find the bluetooth first then told my bluetooth to forget this device and it forced it to wifi connection to JeepXXX. Glad you got it working. How do you like it.
If it continues to work reliably, great. I constantly use it for Waze and my Amazon music lists. Long trips I'll plug my phone in since it charges but short trips which may be a few minutes to an hour I'll use wireless.

Driving shouldn't require a pre-flight checklist. ESS off, check. Phone plugged in, check.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If it continues to work reliably, great. I constantly use it for Waze and my Amazon music lists. Long trips I'll plug my phone in since it charges but short trips which may be a few minutes to an hour I'll use wireless.

Driving shouldn't require a pre-flight checklist. ESS off, check. Phone plugged in, check.
That is essentially how I use mine. If I need to charge my phone I plug it in. If I don't, I don't. It makes things way more convenient and I don't forget my phone in the Jeep anymore.
Sponsored