Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Just checked my tracking information.

I placed order on April 4
Received shipping notification April 4
Received on April 17

Even during this shutdown they really should be responding to inquiries about the product. I would be harassing them until I got an answer from them regarding shipping.
I have sent them status requests and I did receive a response, but was noncommittal that the part was enroute and supply chains were disrupted. It was supposed to be in state last week but still nothing.
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have sent them status requests and I did receive a response, but was noncommittal that the part was enroute and supply chains were disrupted. It was supposed to be in state last week but still nothing.
Not impressed - no communication to the customer. Ordered April 8th, DHL shipment notification April 17th and no change as of April 28th. Requested a status 2 days ago and no response.

I understand EVERYTHING from USPS, Amazon Prime and shipments from China are slow. The shipping page says United States: 5-9 days. They need to update to something more realistic.

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Took the plunge .... works as advertised.

I leave it plugged in the center console. Set and forget.
Hi, do you have any problems with it draining your battery with it left plugged into the center console?

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I did receive a shipping response from carplay. Not sure how to determine when it might arrive since it shipped on the 8th per their email, then took 7 business days to create a DHL tracking number and has not changed in another 8 business days. So I'm at 15 business days since they emailed it shipped. I did suggest they update their shipping FAQ to have something more realistic. I'm assuming 10-15 business days ONCE DHL receives their electronic notification.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We totally understand that you are expecting this sooner. The pandemic has paralyzed most of the shipments and logistics globally. Our shipper though is doing their best to move every parcel as quickly as possible despite the current situation that's affecting most of the flights.

Kindly give it 10-15 business days for the arrival of the shipment.

Rest-assured we are working every possible way to move this faster than the said timeline.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sponsored

m453w

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I did receive a shipping response from carplay. Not sure how to determine when it might arrive since it shipped on the 8th per their email, then took 7 business days to create a DHL tracking number and has not changed in another 8 business days. So I'm at 15 business days since they emailed it shipped. I did suggest they update their shipping FAQ to have something more realistic. I'm assuming 10-15 business days ONCE DHL receives their electronic notification.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We totally understand that you are expecting this sooner. The pandemic has paralyzed most of the shipments and logistics globally. Our shipper though is doing their best to move every parcel as quickly as possible despite the current situation that's affecting most of the flights.

Kindly give it 10-15 business days for the arrival of the shipment.

Rest-assured we are working every possible way to move this faster than the said timeline.

Thank you for your understanding.
Here is what I found. If you take the 30 digit tracking number corresponding to your order, and go to DHL eCommerce tracking site, you will get a cryptic status that does include a separate 22 digit tracking that I traced as a USPS tracking number (this is listed in the DHL site as Other Tracking Number). Upon checking the USPS number, it says the number has been created but the package not yet received. The DHL status shows sitting in Elkridge MD since 16 April. What it is doing there so long is anyone’s guess - maybe customs clearance but shouldn’t take that long if classified properly. So the wait continues...

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
OK after reading all the new posts that the Carplay2Air is working with the new firmware update, I ordered another one. For those who been following this post, I had to return my two purchases back in 2019 and after 3 month and PayPal was little help other then giving me the return address to Russian. I had my Chase credit card step in and got my money back, $319 for two and $10 for international return.

All this to say you guys say it works, so with the discount code LOYALTY, I ordered one at $120 plus 3 day shipping upgrade for $10 so out $130 and should be here early next week. I did get delievery tracking info and it is on it's way. Ordered 4/28 confirmed with shipping info 4/29 and DHL tracking info shows waiting for package...

Will let you guys know. O how did you guys update the firmware.... I remember the instruction are weak and clueless and hopping they spell it out better.

Hammerrp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK 2dr Rubi
OK after reading all the new posts that the Carplay2Air is working with the new firmware update, I ordered another one. For those who been following this post, I had to return my two purchases back in 2019 and after 3 month and PayPal was little help other then giving me the return address to Russian. I had my Chase credit card step in and got my money back, $319 for two and $10 for international return.

All this to say you guys say it works, so with the discount code LOYALTY, I ordered one at $120 plus 3 day shipping upgrade for $10 so out $130 and should be here early next week. I did get delievery tracking info and it is on it's way. Ordered 4/28 confirmed with shipping info 4/29 and DHL tracking info shows waiting for package...

Will let you guys know. O how did you guys update the firmware.... I remember the instruction are weak and clueless and hopping they spell it out better.
Pretty simple to update. Connect to your phone and type in the web address. Hit update. Boom- wireless.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty simple to update. Connect to your phone and type in the web address. Hit update. Boom- wireless.
Thanks. In the two units I had back in Dec 2019 the instructions did not have that info nor did they answer any email requests.

O well, willing to try it again.

Griff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLUR
Thanks. In the two units I had back in Dec 2019 the instructions did not have that info nor did they answer any email requests.

I feel your pain. I bought a unit back in December and when I attempted to upgrade the unit (following their directions), it basically bricked it. They suggested to send it back for a free replacement in the height of the COVID-19 issue in Wuhan with tracking, but that would have cost $70. When I pushed back on them about an alternative they started to work with me and provided them a video of the issue. While they came back suggesting to try a user credential it did not work and informed them of such, they have since gone dark on me. That was about a month ago, and I have attempted to follow up about a half a dozen times.

I will admit that I bought another unit for my lady and it has been working flawlessly. But the efforts of getting the older unit working is still in progress. Though I have received a number of requests to rate the product, I will choose to leave an appropriate review for them due to their lack of support.

In case anyone wants to see the video I shared with them:

Sponsored

Hammerrp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK 2dr Rubi

With the device connected, type this address in your web browser:
http://192.168.50.2/

The connection isn’t instant but it keeps getting better. Does the job IMO.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
So every so often my music cuts out for a split second. It doesn’t happen enough to bug me. I’m very happy with my dongle. One time it couldn’t connect but I think that might have been due to poor internet service? I drove around a bit, unplugged it and plugged it back in and it connected just fine.

As @Hammerrp has noted, here are the instructions to update the firmware. Again, the manual is poorly written but you can get it. If you open up your camera and hold up the QR Code to it, it will prompt you to open 192.168.50.2 in safari but when I did that the page wouldn’t load so just type it into the web browser.

94407DA2-1957-404B-B059-DD0F94E893BE.jpeg

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Mine finally arrived today. Shipped April 8th and arrived May 2nd. Plugged into the console usb so it's out of sight. Just connected via BT and works without issue. Turned off the power and turned back on with an instant connection though I'd expect a long delay with everything powering back up. I'll have to drive around for several days for the final verdict but it's nice to have for short trips where I don't want to connect/disconnect my phone all the time. Plus it's locked away in the console since I've been topless/doorless for the past month.

m453w

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Hey everyone! How long did it take to receive your order? (Recent orders given the current situation...)

I ordered on April 6 and still nothing received.
Update: Received today (May 2) via USPS. Plugged in and updated the firmware. (BTW, if you have the instructions you can just the QR code in the user manual and it takes you to the upgrade site without entering the IP address. Either way works.) The unit updated just fine and so far works as expected. Definitely worth it IMO to avoid having to plug in the iPhone each time. Will report back if any issues.

mkordick

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S 2-door - Ocean Blue
I ordered one of these from CARPLAY2air.com literally about 90 minutes ago. Can't wait to see if it works in my four-day old new 2019 (leftover) JL 2-door. A few notes:

I did pay the extra $10 for "expedited" shipping after reading some people describing shipping and delivery issues. It says "2-3 business days" but I won't be holding my breath.

Also the DISCOUNT CODE (I read posted here ... thanks for that) "LOYALTY" did still work and did save me $40 off the $159 - so I wound up paying $119 plus the $10 for expedited shipping.

I will update with current delivery times and functionality.
Sponsored