Carplay2air??? Wireless carplay dongle

hrhnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I ordered the Carlinkit from Amazon on April 3rd after reading good reviews from an apple tech blog, its out for delivery today. I am going to update the firmware first thing, and I will report back on how it works.
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the Carlinkit from Amazon on April 3rd after reading good reviews from an apple tech blog, its out for delivery today. I am going to update the firmware first thing, and I will report back on how it works.
Good! My carplay2 just shipped from China and I highly suspect they are the same exact product. Just a different name on the case.

hrhnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Initial thoughts.
20 second startup time as others have reported, no big deal.
There seems to be another 20 second delay if you switch to wired CarPlay. (The unit has a pass through USB port)
The touch is super fast and responsive, almost the same as wired, but the animations are just a bit off like when swiping between pages. It’s not laggy or choppy really, a bit blurred but no impact to usability.

Overall I’m impressed and it was a nice $100 upgrade for me.

Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
So can anyone confirm that, with the dongle's USB pass through, you can plug in a USB thumb drive for music?

James Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello Guys, will steering wheel controls still work with this dongle?

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Ok so I got it a little while ago but since I’m not driving much now I just connected it today. Works great!!! It connects in just seconds. I’m soooo glad I bought this even though I didn’t get the discount :)

At first the control behind the steering wheel to change to the next song didn’t work. After I updated it, it works now.

Ok but I do have one concern. When I leave something plugged into my dash USB port even with the car shut off it continues to charge until the next day. With my car sitting in the garage for three days at a time now I am wondering if the CarPlay dongle will continue to keep charging in the USB port. I definitely don’t want it using up my battery. I pulled it out of the port and I guess I’ll be doing that every time I shut down the Jeep :(

willyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Cherokee
Ok so I got it a little while ago but since I’m not driving much now I just connected it today. Works great!!! It connects in just seconds. I’m soooo glad I bought this even though I didn’t get the discount :)

At first the control behind the steering wheel to change to the next song didn’t work. After I updated it, it works now.

Ok but I do have one concern. When I leave something plugged into my dash USB port even with the car shut off it continues to charge until the next day. With my car sitting in the garage for three days at a time now I am wondering if the CarPlay dongle will continue to keep charging in the USB port. I definitely don’t want it using up my battery. I pulled it out of the port and I guess I’ll be doing that every time I shut down the Jeep :(
I ordered mine on the 12th and there's been no shipping movement since it was picked up in china :-( I'm dying to get it.

Is updating it pretty easy and straight forword? I'm going to do it right away if I ever get it!

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine on the 12th and there's been no shipping movement since it was picked up in china :-( I'm dying to get it.

Is updating it pretty easy and straight forword? I'm going to do it right away if I ever get it!
I got mine in about....10-12 days? Don’t remember exactly.

Updating it was super easy. The instructions in the little manual they give you isn’t written well but just follow it exactly. Before I knew it, it connected right away, I didn’t even do the QR code scan. The online upgrade was super easy too.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase

I ordered the 8th and I'm still waiting. The DHL ecommerce tracking number is a bit confusing on the shipment status but I assume it's still in China. A replied back to the vendor yesterday morning via the email address on the receipt. No response yet.

Hammerrp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK 2dr Rubi
Took the plunge .... works as advertised.

I leave it plugged in the center console. Set and forget.

m453w

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Hey everyone! How long did it take to receive your order? (Recent orders given the current situation...)

I ordered on April 6 and still nothing received.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone! How long did it take to receive your order? (Recent orders given the current situation...)

I ordered on April 6 and still nothing received.
Just checked my tracking information.

I placed order on April 4
Received shipping notification April 4
Received on April 17

Even during this shutdown they really should be responding to inquiries about the product. I would be harassing them until I got an answer from them regarding shipping.
Sponsored