Carplay2air??? Wireless carplay dongle

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
took mine about a week or so to arrive, the DHL tracking doesn't update forever until its finally here locally so don't sweat it

you leave it plugged in, I believe it shuts off after a certain amount of time (unless I'm mistaken I guess I'll find out soon with a dead battery), but I have mine in the center console plugged in

You upgrade the software using your cell phone, it connects to it and you go to a web page to update, I ran an update to the latest version when I got mine, took 60 seconds
Perfect, thank you!
Sponsored

austin579

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord Touring

James Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello guys, how's the sound quality with this dongle and does it work via wifi?

JC

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey,

What vehicles are you guys all using now? I would assume Jeeps though others like myself found this thread and started commenting and I have a 2018 Honda Accord. How many updates have there been since around the beginning of February @Mikejd1? @angustx @paulr @chris4prez @GregMG79
We should all be Wranglers here. I do remember someone else posted a few pages back who drove a Honda, unless that was your post.

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Having been lurking foe awhile. Now, following for future results. Thanks to those for sharing all of their observations and experiences.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if it's been mentioned but coupon code LOYALTY takes $40 off the price. I did a quick search and found that discount and it's active since I just ordered one.

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
Also, anybody try cheaper Chinese alternatives being sold on eBay/Amazon ... namely Carlinkit ?

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I don't know if it's been mentioned but coupon code LOYALTY takes $40 off the price. I did a quick search and found that discount and it's active since I just ordered one.
Nice! Thanks for the heads up.

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Also, anybody try cheaper Chinese alternatives being sold on eBay/Amazon ... namely Carlinkit ?
I thought about the less expensive version but went with the more expensive based on reviews here. Plus I found a discount. The carplay2air is made in Lithuania and the carlinkit is made in China from what I find in searches. So probably not exactly the same though one country may have "cloned" the other's product.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn! I just ordered one and didn’t know! :mad:

I thought about the less expensive version but went with the more expensive based on reviews here. Plus I found a discount. The carplay2air is made in Lithuania and the carlinkit is made in China from what I find in searches. So probably not exactly the same though one country may have "cloned" the other's product.
Me too I wanted this particular one because people are posting good reviews here.

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
Likewise. Product and community support, and the discount code, made it an easy decision to purchase the Carplay2Air dongle. Thanks for the Discount code.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Well thanks! and no thanks... I was holding off, but this was to good to pass on.

SCOFF44

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Ordered 3/25 and finally received and installed mine yesterday. I updated the firmware to the latest version first thing, and it works 100%. It takes maybe 20 seconds to connect, but I have to say I am very impressed. If anyone is on the fence about purchasing this I would definitely recommend it. My last vehicle had wireless CarPlay so it is one of those things that can be hard to go back from.
Sponsored