Carplay2air??? Wireless carplay dongle

AnalogSanity

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Guys, this company is a scam. They are reselling a different company’s product. The one I purchased didn’t work and I contacted them via email to return it. They responded once with troubleshooting tips that didn’t work and when I pressed to return the product them stopped responding. Been four days since their last response. They took my money and ran. Mike D, your posts are going to encourage people to buy from them. Please, this is one guy running a scam CarPlay2Air.com is a scam. The review section doesn’t actually work, it’s all fake.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Guys, this company is a scam. They are reselling a different company’s product. The one I purchased didn’t work and I contacted them via email to return it. They responded once with troubleshooting tips that didn’t work and when I pressed to return the product them stopped responding. Been four days since their last response. They took my money and ran. Mike D, your posts are going to encourage people to buy from them. Please, this is one guy running a scam CarPlay2Air.com is a scam. The review section doesn’t actually work, it’s all fake.
Everything you mentioned I was already skeptical of. I took the chance. Fortunately for my Wrangler with unconnect 8.4, it works, With some hiccups no doubt, but it actually works and I felt the $160 wasn’t bad and was worth the money to me to take the risk. Anything over that amount, probably not.

now, I have wireless CarPlay. Something I’ve been wanting for quite a long time.

if it really didn’t work and/or seller wouldn’t respond I would simply open a fraud/scam investigation on my credit card and receive my refund that way.

I dug into all the issues and laid out complete instructions on my findings in this thread. If you have the same vehicle as me with the same system it’s almost certain this should be working for you. PM me if you need help.

Last edited:

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Heh, did you have to pair your phone with the dongle? The dongle is probably presenting itself as an iphone to the radio, and then presenting itself as a car radio to the iphone. lol.

OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Heh, did you have to pair your phone with the dongle? The dongle is probably presenting itself as an iphone to the radio, and then presenting itself as a car radio to the iphone. lol.
I’m not sure your question. Are you making a statement or asking a question? Of course you need to pair to the dongle.

MrR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler unlimited x games
I have had the Carplay2air for two days. It is in my 2015 Unlimited with a KENWOOD radio. It took less than five minutes to set up and has worked 100% each time. You have given great advice on allowing it all to connect prior to using. So far I am glad I read about it and purchased. Having wireless CarPlay helps a lot.

Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
OK add me to the buyers club hopefully not the fools club as I purchase two units (one for my Jeeping buddy wife).

I will let you know, should have it in 2-3 days.

MrR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: working fine. It does take a good 20-30 seconds to connect. Once connected and on screen it has worked every time. I’ve sent and received texts, made calls and used Siri for every action. No drops or failed actions as of yet. Again on a KENWOOD ddx9705s radio. Mode 1. Hope it works as well for you all.

MrR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One more update: connects and works every time. No issues as of yet. There is a slight delay with phone calls. Barely noticeable. So far I am convinced. Happy Thanksgiving.

James Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
thanks for all the info!

Hows the audio quality compared to normal wired carplay?

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
OK add me to the buyers club hopefully not the fools club as I purchase two units (one for my Jeeping buddy wife).

How did it work for you?

Sponsored

MrR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven’t noticed any quality difference with audio. Only on phone calls there is a delay. I use XM mostly so that might be why I haven’t noticed a difference. The unit continues to connect every time and Siri works for every command. So far so good!

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase

Edit.... I have two coming to me today... 12/2.. waiting...

MrR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it’s a DHL delivery mine came at 8pm. So weird...

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Edit.... I have two coming to me today... 12/2.. waiting...
The two units came at 8 pm via DHL who had to drive here 3 hours from their hub...

Just installed and worked once... now screen is CarPlay pixilate at top. Will keep trying to see if loose connection or my wifi is so strong as I pull out of garage that the BlueTooth may have to keep triggering to go to AutoKit wifi.
Sponsored