Sponsored

Carplay2air??? Wireless carplay dongle

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
same exact website and same exact device. However this is the email I got when I purchased it

cplay2air.png
did you try plugging it into the Jeep? it might just be a mistake on their email, the website link clearly shows the same compatible models that have been working/advertised including 2020 Jeep, would be crazy if they removed the compatibility

Edit: saw that you said you tried... I would contact their support (good luck though they are horrendously slow, I had a terrible experience with them when I needed help with a defective unit)
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
tried that but it doesn't work. The Jeep does not see any carplay device connected. The directions that came with it specifically says that their APK needs to be installed on the head unit for the device to recognize the phone. However UConnect head units are not Android Based
You need to contact the vendor since it appears they shipped the wrong device though no options show on their site. I bought mine from the same link last spring.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Is there something I'm missing here??? I got mine yesterday and the directions outline how to set this device up with an Android based head unit. None of the Jeep's head units are Android based. I can't download an APK and install it on my head unit like you can on an Android based head unit because Jeeps use UConnect. How are you guys connecting your Jeeps to this thing?
You were sent the wrong version.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I wish there were other companies that offered this as this one seems to have issues....

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
There are. I believe you can even buy them on Amazon. I think they're more expensive, though.
I don’t mind spending more if it’s a solid working product

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

seems lots are having issues with it working correctly
I have had the CarLinkit version for several months. I've used it with 2 different phones without any issues. It connects and works perfectly.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
seems lots are having issues with it working correctly
I was having problems in my Jeep too. But when I used it in my two Jeep Cherokee rentals it worked flawlessly so I think the electronics in my Jeep are buggy. The minor inconvenience of it acting up doesn’t really bother me, I just unplug then plug back in. Once it’s plugged in it works great.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I was having problems in my Jeep too. But when I used it in my two Jeep Cherokee rentals it worked flawlessly so I think the electronics in my Jeep are buggy. The minor inconvenience of it acting up doesn’t really bother me, I just unplug then plug back in. Once it’s plugged in it works great.
Thats the thing if I have to unplug and plug in I might as well just plug in all the time unless it does not happen that often

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that is the newer version of what I have. They basically changes the outer casing. Everything else is the same.
think I will take a chance to see if it works ok