Sponsored

Carplay2air??? Wireless carplay dongle

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I like the idea but, for the cost, it sounds a but touchy and fragile.
I just got mine and updated to the latest firmware. It works flawlessly so far. Frankly, I was a bit shocked that it worked.

Edit: I will say that prior to the firmware update it did not work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I just got mine and updated to the latest firmware. It works flawlessly so far. Frankly, I was a bit shocked that it worked.

Edit: I will say that prior to the firmware update it did not work.
:)

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
I just got mine. Works great. Also let’s me select a phone contact to call without locking me out.

OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I just got mine. Works great. Also let’s me select a phone contact to call without locking me out.
Yup. Isn’t that great!!! No more lock out!!

Sponsored

chris4prez

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
I’ve got it working too. And so far after two weeks it’s been rock solid. 2020 JLUR. The only nitpick is you need to wait about 15-20s for the initial connection on start but that’s a first world problem I can deal with.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got it working too. And so far after two weeks it’s been rock solid. 2020 JLUR. The only nitpick is you need to wait about 15-20s for the initial connection on start but that’s a first world problem I can deal with.
Yeah, it would be nice if the device would boot a bit faster and make the connection more quickly. That said it is only about ten seconds. I had to buy one for my wife too after she saw mine.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it would be nice if the device would boot a bit faster and make the connection more quickly. That said it is only about ten seconds. I had to buy one for my wife too after she saw mine.
Just to double check....EVERY TIME you get in the Jeep, you need to turn on the jeep, then wait another 10-20 seconds before your phone will be able to pair?

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just to double check....EVERY TIME you get in the Jeep, you need to turn on the jeep, then wait another 10-20 seconds before your phone will be able to pair?
I don’t necessarily wait or do anything but it takes about ten seconds before I get music. The head unit works fine as is for that ten seconds but the phone isn’t connected yet.

Sponsored

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
i seem to get quicker connection when it is plugged into dash USB as opposed to glove box one.

Presume this is because Dash one turns off with ignition and the device gets a new reboot each time?

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
The turnaround in reviews on this with the latest software update as being all positive here finally got me to pull the trigger and I can confirm so far it works flawlessly. The 10-20 second connection delay is a small price to pay for wireless CarPlay.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I just bought one, waiting for it to arrive. Do you guys leave the dongle in the USB port? If so, doesn’t it drain the battery when you shut the car off? Or do you pull it out and reinsert as needed? Also, how do you upgrade? On a computer? Don’t know if my laptop works anymore. Can I upgrade the software using a tablet?

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
I just bought one, waiting for it to arrive. Do you guys leave the dongle in the USB port? If so, doesn’t it drain the battery when you shut the car off? Or do you pull it out and reinsert as needed? Also, how do you upgrade? On a computer? Don’t know if my laptop works anymore. Can I upgrade the software using a tablet?
took mine about a week or so to arrive, the DHL tracking doesn't update forever until its finally here locally so don't sweat it

you leave it plugged in, I believe it shuts off after a certain amount of time (unless I'm mistaken I guess I'll find out soon with a dead battery), but I have mine in the center console plugged in

You upgrade the software using your cell phone, it connects to it and you go to a web page to update, I ran an update to the latest version when I got mine, took 60 seconds
Sponsored