CarPlay which usb for just charging?

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
CarPlay can be a real challenge if your not a technical savy person (me) . It appears all my USB ports will support CarPlay when I was told otherwise! Also if we use CarPlay on a peticular phone but our Bluetooth is also linked it seems to be an issue! What seems to be the proper CarPlay settings as far as Bluetooth also being used and are all USB ports able to support CarPlay or is there one that will just charge a device?
Sponsored

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I use the one in the console, but I'm not sure what part requires you to be technical savy. I just plug mine in and it's ready to go.

I also have bluetooth setup on the same phone (iphone) and it works as bluetooth as long as the cable isn't plugged in. Once I plug in it's carplay only.

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
Both of the ones in my Challenger are for CarPlay. But if you want it just to charge, the phone has to be off, then plugged in, turned back on and the. You have to unlock the phone for CarPlay to work.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
CarPlay can be a real challenge if your not a technical savy person (me) . It appears all my USB ports will support CarPlay when I was told otherwise! Also if we use CarPlay on a peticular phone but our Bluetooth is also linked it seems to be an issue! What seems to be the proper CarPlay settings as far as Bluetooth also being used and are all USB ports able to support CarPlay or is there one that will just charge a device?
There are two USB 3.0 ports on the backside of my JL's center console. One of the two on the backside charges only. Connect to the other pn the backside and it both charges and works with Android Auto/ 8.4 Infotainment Center.

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
There are two USB 3.0 ports on the backside of my JL's center console. One of the two on the backside charges only. Connect to the other pn the backside and it both charges and works with Android Auto/ 8.4 Infotainment Center.
Why use the one in the back and not the on inside the console or directly below the radio?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why use the one in the back and not the on inside the console or directly below the radio?
For me, I don't like all the cabling lying in and around the console and the drink holders. Don't like cables coming out of the console either. SO, my USB cable and my passengers USB cable comes up from the rear of the console. After unplugged they drop down and are reachable and not in my face so to speak, getting in the way... tangled.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because he wants a port for charging ONLY.
Well, YUP, that too... My passenger does not want Android Auto popping up on her smartphone when she is riding with me. She can plug in and charge and that is all.....

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well, YUP, that too... My passenger does not want Android Auto popping up on her smartphone when she is riding with me. She can plug in and charge and that is all.....
Oh I see. Sorry misread what you were trying to do.

OP
OP

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
Problem is all my USB ports activate car play! Now I can go in and remove my daughter from CarPlay as there is a way to do that but I am rarely in the vehicle to actually remember or explain to my wife and daughter what menu to go through!

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
To answer the title question, I’m pretty sure passenger side rear is for charging only. Not supposed to be tied to uconnect.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To answer the title question, I’m pretty sure passenger side rear is for charging only. Not supposed to be tied to uconnect.
I checked very carefully again this afternoon and the passenger side rear USB 3.0 (on console) on my 2dr. JL is for charging only. I tested with a Samsung S7 and S8. The driver's side rear (on console) charges and is Uconnect system ready.

@Sftdyna0326$

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Problem is all my USB ports activate car play! Now I can go in and remove my daughter from CarPlay as there is a way to do that but I am rarely in the vehicle to actually remember or explain to my wife and daughter what menu to go through!
There is a tab on the uconnect screen called "projection manager", this will allow you to turn on or off apple CarPlay or android auto while being able to use any Usb in the jeep without it taking over your screen and keep popping up

mryan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
You can also disable CarPlay in your phone settings.
Sponsored