CarPlay stopped working all of a sudden

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Thought about that but I still get power through the USB.
Yeah when the center console kicks me off it still charges, just doesn't allow carplay. The Dash one always works but i guess in your case its as good as a bull with tits!
Sponsored

ColoradoB

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
As others have said, make sure the fuses are seated… BUT I also had a problem with pocket lint fuzz in my iPhone’s lightning port. I used a combo of a wooden (not metallic!) toothpick and some blue-tak to clean it out. This made my phone port work like it was brand new and fixed it for me.

(It’s totally possible that the power pins are making contact and the data pins are obscured.)

between fuses and a clean data port I bet you’ll fix this!

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
How do i find this out?
google it! there is a difference in the size screen and apps...The premium sound package comes with alpine and 8.4 I believe.

OP
OP
99superduty

99superduty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
google it! there is a difference in the size screen and apps...The premium sound package comes with alpine and 8.4 I believe.
ah, thought you meant software version. Mines the 8.4 with the premium sound

OP
OP
99superduty

99superduty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it just started working again out of the blue. Cant say I did anything other than check see the fuse was seated...it was.

On start up it found the iPhone....I restarted the jeep twice yesterday and didn't:headbang:

ColoradoB

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Well it just started working again out of the blue. Cant say I did anything other than check see the fuse was seated...it was.

On start up it found the iPhone....I restarted the jeep twice yesterday and didn't:headbang:
If you wiggle the USB cable does it cut in and out? If so you need to clean your phone's port.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Did you try cleaning the lightning port on your phone? I know sounds strange, but if you keep your phone in your pants pocket, lint will build up in the lightning port. The charging operation will power through the lint and charge the phone, but the data signals do not transmit reliably. Turn phone power off and use a wooden toothpick to clean out the lightning port. I had this happen a couple times and after cleaning, CarPlay connects and works perfectly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
99superduty

99superduty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you try cleaning the lightning port on your phone? I know sounds strange, but if you keep your phone in your pants pocket, lint will build up in the lightning port. The charging operation will power through the lint and charge the phone, but the data signals do not transmit reliably. Turn phone power off and use a wooden toothpick to clean out the lightning port. I had this happen a couple times and after cleaning, CarPlay connects and works perfectly.
I did and tried multiple iPhones and different cables.
just started working again without explanation after not driving the jeep for a couple of days.
Weird but my Ford truck does that sometimes too but never just drops CarPlay while plugged in.

Freebs_TO

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited
this is an old thread, but i was having the same problem - thanks for all the insight...i brought a handheld vacuum and cleaned out the USB port and it seemed to solve the issue of intermittent CarPlay/Uconnect functioning.
Sponsored