Sponsored

CarPlay - has anyone figured out what the issues are on our 392s?

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
I received my 392 Monday night and have the CarPlay disconnect issues that many have discussed here. It works at plug up and after about ~10min disconnects or loses connection and will not reattach. I can get it to work again occasionally by unplugging and plugging in however it will do the same disconnect eventually afterward.

I was wondering if anyone had figured out if this is something on the phone or head/unit side. I just updated to Apple's 15.1 (released yesterday) and will test this out next but seems like its something on the head units vs the phone. I'm using a iPhone 12Pro for reference. CarPlay works (mostly) on my '18 WKII and my '19 RamHD. Granted Apple's product quality is gradually sinking into crap but I'd expect it to at least work the same on all the same 8.4" Mopar/Stellanis head units.

I'll update back after I can play in the Jeep today. TIA for any feedback.
Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Uh, brah I don't think this is limited to your 392...

Johnny Vigo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon, Mustang Convertible
I had problems with my '21 when I upgraded to IOS 15. The IOS updates on their own didnt seem to fix it. I tried a couple of things which may or may not work for you:
  1. In the CarPlay settings (Settings -> General -> CarPlay), 'Forget' your 392 and reconnect
  2. Switch off bluetooth on your phone, forget your phone on the head unit and do the above
This last option worked for me and its been stable since. I have also switched back on bluetooth and repaired since. I may also have reset my head unit and tried the above too. Good Luck!

OP
OP
Hpc3

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
I had problems with my '21 when I upgraded to IOS 15. The IOS updates on their own didnt seem to fix it. I tried a couple of things which may or may not work for you:
  1. In the CarPlay settings (Settings -> General -> CarPlay), 'Forget' your 392 and reconnect
  2. Switch off bluetooth on your phone, forget your phone on the head unit and do the above
This last option worked for me and its been stable since. I have also switched back on bluetooth and repaired since. I may also have reset my head unit and tried the above too. Good Luck!
Thanks Johnny. I don't Bluetooth/pair to my Mopars since the phone is always cable-attached. I'll piddle with the phone CarPlay settings and see what happens.

OP
OP
Hpc3

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Thanks Johnny. I don't Bluetooth/pair to my Mopars since the phone is always cable-attached. I'll piddle with the phone CarPlay settings and see what happens.
Quick update - spent maybe ~45min today running errands, etc and the CarPlay seems fine now. Note this is after the Apple Nov 17th 15.1 update. Maybe this has corrected my issue. Will update again in a few days.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hpc3

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Quick update - spent maybe ~45min today running errands, etc and the CarPlay seems fine now. Note this is after the Apple Nov 17th 15.1 update. Maybe this has corrected my issue. Will update again in a few days.
Didn't fix it. Locked up and disconnected after ~45min this time. Guess I'll keep looking for a fix.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Use the new style apple cord, dash only… that should fix it.

I’ll add, I don’t like the solution as I wanted to keep my phone in the center console. Using the USB plugs, even with a new cord, never solved the issue for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL CarPlay - has anyone figured out what the issues are on our 392s? 558FBE83-C419-44E4-9C94-C852C7FCF62B

OP
OP
Hpc3

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Use the new style apple cord, dash only… that should fix it.

I’ll add, I don’t like the solution as I wanted to keep my phone in the center console. Using the USB plugs, even with a new cord, never solved the issue for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL CarPlay - has anyone figured out what the issues are on our 392s? 558FBE83-C419-44E4-9C94-C852C7FCF62B
Ugh. Ok. I'll try that next... hate that I can't keep it all in the console. Thanks for the help.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I have an 18 and mine never stayed connected with the center (arm)console! It only works in the dash plug. There was some info out there that the center is for charging only...but some have had luck with it working with carplay and staying connected....go figure!

BSeger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Uconnect is awful when is Stellantis going to fix it?

Sponsored

ascuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 1985 CJ7, 1975 CJ5
Uconnect is just extremely buggy.

My 2020 JL had zero Uconnect issues whatsoever (after fixing a loose USB connector).

My 392 has regular volume jumps, disappearing/reappearing rear park lines, and offroad pages fails to load any gauge readings at times.

I'd run it by the dealer but I already know they're going to be useless.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ugh. Ok. I'll try that next... hate that I can't keep it all in the console. Thanks for the help.
Had the same issue using the console plug. It’s unfortunate, but it only really works well from the dash plug.

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
CarPlay issues plague all Uconnect units. My wife’s ‘18 Pacifica has the same issues you describe on your 392. The dealership has never been able to help. A common solution on the Pacifica forums is to pull the fuse that controls the radio, wait a minute or two and reinsert it.

R44pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB GLC63S, BMW M3, Hydro 392XR, Braptor
I have an 18 and mine never stayed connected with the center (arm)console! It only works in the dash plug. There was some info out there that the center is for charging only...but some have had luck with it working with carplay and staying connected....go figure!
Reading my manual last night and it states that the console usb outlets are for charging only. Carplay is accessed through the ports on the dash

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Reading my manual last night and it states that the console usb outlets are for charging only. Carplay is accessed through the ports on the dash
That was changed a few MY ago. I exclusively use my center console for Android Auto. As a matter of fact, I have never even plugged a cable into the dash. 2021 here.
Sponsored

Last edited: