Sponsored

CarPlay - has anyone figured out what the issues are on our 392s?

EuMen77

First Name
Eugenio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L M/T
I have a 2021 JLUR and have had connection issues like you have all mentioned with the Center Console USB. Disconnects repeatedly... Have even had the dealer replace the Uconnect and even the wiring harness... Eventually FCA Customer Relations told me the USB in the Center Console is not for Data, only for charging... Wich they corroborated with the AMBIGUITY in the user manual...

I use an iPhone 12 Pro Max

PS: I had a 2Door 2019 JL Sport S for 2 years and always used the Center Console USB and Apple Carplay worked flawlessly :/
Sponsored

EuMen77

First Name
Eugenio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L M/T

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Just got one last week and have been using it in the Center Console. Worked perfect for the first few days and yesterday it started disconnecting again... :/
Did you get a USB to USB C adapter? That’s how I use mine with a USB C cable. Works fine. I heard a rumor that straight USB is flaky.

EuMen77

First Name
Eugenio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L M/T
Did you get a USB to USB C adapter? That’s how I use mine with a USB C cable. Works fine. I heard a rumor that straight USB is flaky.
USB to USB-C

I mean it might be doing it less than when I used to plug my iphone directly to that USB Port, but the issue of carplay loosing connection is definitely there

I had really high hopes when I got the wireless link kit :( I had even changed the car mount from a regular magnetic to a wireless charging MagSafe mount and had planned on routing a power cable to come from behind the dash to the wireless charger :/ buuuttt.... Best laid plans I guess

I'm thinking that perhaps I could connect the CarLink to the dash USB port from behind and place the dongle inside the dash somewhere

But I dont know if I can splice the cable or install a split or something... have to look into it

Any thoughts?

Sponsored

EuMen77

First Name
Eugenio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L M/T
Problem for me pulling the trigger on this is that there is like 5 different models of that carlinkit thing. And maybe it matters which one you buy? That people with no cut outs has this one? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09T3G88SW Or the other ones? Looks like it comes with usb-c?
Thats the one I purchased, the one that has a carbon fiber finish on the case

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
Biggest problem is that it doesn't have a supercharger on it from the factory. Keeping my fingers crossed for the '23 model.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Problem for me pulling the trigger on this is that there is like 5 different models of that carlinkit thing. And maybe it matters which one you buy? That people with no cut outs has this one? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09T3G88SW Or the other ones? Looks like it comes with usb-c?
I’ve been using this one since March (in center console) - after following instructions carefully of how to update initially absolutely no issues and no drop outs. Seems to be the same as that one - CPC200-U2W Plus but Amazon tells me the carbon fiber one is a newer product (just saw that)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GLVW169?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_R7Q37W70YPRSV64SJ99Z

Last edited:

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2021 JLUR and have had connection issues like you have all mentioned with the Center Console USB. Disconnects repeatedly... Have even had the dealer replace the Uconnect and even the wiring harness... Eventually FCA Customer Relations told me the USB in the Center Console is not for Data, only for charging... Wich they corroborated with the AMBIGUITY in the user manual...

I use an iPhone 12 Pro Max

PS: I had a 2Door 2019 JL Sport S for 2 years and always used the Center Console USB and Apple Carplay worked flawlessly :/
I too used the port in the center console when I first got my 21 JLUR and was let down when it disconnected from carplay 50% of the time on the first day of ownership. After switching to a USB on the dash I haven' t had a problem since. No electrical gremlins of any kid in the first 10k miles which is great.

sigsegv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I had lots of problems with disconnecting in my '18 JL, both in center console storage and the dash media ports. Eventually it seemed to sort itself out and was stable using an official apple USB-A to lightning cable with the media ports on the dash.

My '22 392 has been rock solid with the same setup. However today I switched to a carlinkit wireless CarPlay adapter in the center console bin. We'll see if that works reliably.
Sponsored