First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Beer Finisher
This only happens with bootlegged versions of little mermaid. Im not judging.
Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Appreciate the input. I've seen several posts here and on the Gladiator forum. Are you all using the USB connection in the center console or the one on the dash?
2021 2 months old, USB in the center console stopped working a week after I got it. The issue came up when my brother and I were driving through Big Bear and he had his phone plugged in but it kept disconnecting and reconnecting. At first I thought it was my cable that was defective, but I've tried other cables and still no luck. I resort to just using the USB C on the dash for now.

It seems this problem is pretty common. Every once in a while I'll see new threads pop up with people asking abut this issue.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Are you using the USB-C port (small USB port) on your center console?
That's what I am using and it seems to work well w/the i-Phone 12.
Not perfect, but no real issues noted.

Last edited:

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
4 fca products and ive not had a single issue with carplay in any of them. Any time i hear of a persistent carplay issue with uconnect, my first thought is almost always user error.

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I always run CarPlay from the console.
And it works consistently.
Brand new JL here with only 700 miles. My center console USB never has worked for CarPlay. It cuts off after about 20 minutes. One on the dash works flawlessly.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Are you all using the USB connection in the center console or the one on the dash?
I have a Samsung phone and use Android Auto. As a result I use the USB-C port. Has worked perfectly for almost 2 years now.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
So, the phones are fine, the cables are fine, the ports are fine, Android Auto is fine. That just leaves Apple Car Play.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
So, the phones are fine, the cables are fine, the ports are fine, Android Auto is fine. That just leaves Apple Car Play.
and the operator.....

Sponsored

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
The one in the console is just a charging port.
This is incorrect. On the display you can select USB 1, USB 2...the console is USB 2 and works fine (mostly) for me when using carplay. I use that because I don't want cords all over the interior.

Since I did my uconnect update, my Waze map disappears in carplay and the other day the whole system was locked for some reason. couldn't change screens, toggle anything, power, etc. came out of ups store and it was fine. But there have been more "glitches" since updating UConnect.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
and the operator.....
OK Kurt0, so everyone is stupid but you. Not a lot of deep thinking required to plug in a cable and it works or it doesn't. My dash ports work fine for Carplay both USB and USB C, my center console ports do not. Oh yeah, I forgot I was using a $1.99 cord from the 7-11 for one but an OEM cable for the other, doh.......

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
OK Kurt0, so everyone is stupid but you. Not a lot of deep thinking required to plug in a cable and it works or it doesn't. My dash ports work fine for Carplay both USB and USB C, my center console ports do not. Oh yeah, I forgot I was using a $1.99 cord from the 7-11 for one but an OEM cable for the other, doh.......
hahaha right?

OP
OP

____nick____

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
4 fca products and ive not had a single issue with carplay in any of them. Any time i hear of a persistent carplay issue with uconnect, my first thought is almost always user error.
Good thought - the complexity of connecting that USB is simply outstripping my mental capacity.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Appreciate the input. I've seen several posts here and on the Gladiator forum. Are you all using the USB connection in the center console or the one on the dash?
Center console is exclusively.
Sponsored