Sponsored

CarPlay 100% Useless With iOS 15

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
No issues at all on my iPhone 12 with ios 15 either hardwired or wireless via Carlinkit 2.
Sponsored

4x4tographer

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Clubs

Zero issues with iPhone 12 Pro & the latest flavor of iOS + CarPlay.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
8.4” premium audio. iPhone XS Max, iOS 15.0.2. No audio or data issues with car play through the console USB port.

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
That could be your issue. I had the 7” and it had the same issues you are experiencing. I bought a new 8.4” and installed it almost a month ago and have not experienced any of the same issues since. I had issues with CarPlay disconnecting as well as static when playing music through CarPlay. I have a work vehicle that also has a CarPlay radio in it and I have never experienced any issues with that system (2021 Chevy Traverse) - nothing with sound or losing CarPlay connection, regardless of type of iPhone or iOS. I would bet it’s an issue with the 7”.

Sponsored

Deadpool_JL

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Islander 2.0T Firecracker Red
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Other than the random times that it wont pull up CarPlay I don't have any issued with my 13 pro max, iOS 15.0.2 and 7" Uconnect.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
There’s a known bug with the current iOS update regarding CarPlay. Depending on who you read, it affects some - but not all iPhone 13s.
Apple has been chasing bugs and squashing them as they find them, but it’s proving troublesome. Google ”CarPlay bug iOS 15” and you’ll see what I mean.

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
I'm on beta iOS 15.1 as well (but have been on all the iOS versions before that) but all running on the 8.4 Uconnect via cable connection. All have been good and no glitches with Carplay (don't get me started with the glitches in the Uconnect!). Sound is great as I have my phone set to "lossless" streaming. Regarding the 7" radio, possibly check if there is a TSB Uconnect firmware update. We know Jeep is pretty slow with the FW updates, but possibly there's a TSB or other update that might resolve it. Dealer can check that.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Anyone else having this issue? Upgraded from an 11 Pro Max (on iOS 14.something) to a 13 Pro Max and ever since CarPlay has been completely useless. Sound quality wasn't great before, but now I can't even stand to listen to it. It sounds like using one of those old cassette-deck adapters and the volume constantly surges up and down. And when I'm listening to SXM with CarPlay connected it somehow still manages to degrade the sound quality of that audio. Google Maps constantly freezes, I'll be driving along for miles and my position on the map never changes. The phone itself constantly disconnects so I have to unplug it and plug it back in over and over. Updated to 15.0.2 with no changes. Tried all the ports and multiple cables with no changes.
Haven't noticed the sound quality issue, but Waze does the same thing, randomly freezes.

OP
OP
zw470

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try the EQ trick and see if it has any effect.

ETA: Is there any way to check for an update besides the driveuconnect website?

Sponsored

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
Anyone else having this issue? Upgraded from an 11 Pro Max (on iOS 14.something) to a 13 Pro Max and ever since CarPlay has been completely useless. Sound quality wasn't great before, but now I can't even stand to listen to it. It sounds like using one of those old cassette-deck adapters and the volume constantly surges up and down. And when I'm listening to SXM with CarPlay connected it somehow still manages to degrade the sound quality of that audio. Google Maps constantly freezes, I'll be driving along for miles and my position on the map never changes. The phone itself constantly disconnects so I have to unplug it and plug it back in over and over. Updated to 15.0.2 with no changes. Tried all the ports and multiple cables with no changes.
Same here. Constant disconnects and I have to unplug and reconnect to get it going again. Did the last patch for iOS 15 and still not great.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I hate carplay, I like the USB stick with music so much better. The sound is great and I don’t have that delay I get in carplay.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I dunno how one could make sirius xm sound worse lol. Sorry to hear about the bugs, though!

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
Sorry about that. Just got the iPhone 13Pro and haven’t had any issues with my Alpine system or car play.
Sponsored