Sponsored

Carolina metal mirrors.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Just so I don’t mess anything up. To get the covers off the handles on the Jeep if I don’t have the plastic tool from Jeep can I just use a butter knife? To pop them off. I’m going to mount ontop for now not bottom. Is thier actually right and left for parts for the mirrors?
Thanks guys,
Jim
Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
The mirrors are made so that there is a driver and passenger mirror. If I remember correctly, the driver’s is labeled.

I have a trim removal kit, so can’t answer on the butter knife.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
You could do it with a butter knife but you do run a higher risk of marring your trim panel by using a metal tool to remove the panel cover. Trim removal kits are less than $10 at Harbor Freight.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
While you’re at it, figured I’d share a common take on them...people like to swap the sides and mount them on the bottom of the grab handles as opposed to the top where the instructions state. It puts them in roughly the same position as the stock mirrors.

Reactions: GtX

nesman7

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
I didn't have any problems popping off the covers with a thin screwdriver. They came off super easy. A thin butter knife should be fine as well. But if your worried then a trim removal kit is worth the quick trip and cost.

Sponsored

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
They mount on either side, if it fits correctly on the drivers side bottom, then it would be used for the passenger side top.

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I didn’t realize harbor freight had them. I’ll grab one today. So am I taking off more than 1 piece? I thought I just remove the piece I am replacing the mount with?

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
I didn’t realize harbor freight had them. I’ll grab one today. So am I taking off more than 1 piece? I thought I just remove the piece I am replacing the mount with?
Nope just removing the cap on the end of the grab handle and remove the bolt underneath it.

JLUCQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I used the thinnest flat-head I had and popped them off with no issues. They come off very easily.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just so I don’t mess anything up. To get the covers off the handles on the Jeep if I don’t have the plastic tool from Jeep can I just use a butter knife? To pop them off. I’m going to mount ontop for now not bottom. Is thier actually right and left for parts for the mirrors?
Thanks guys,
Jim
You can use your fingernails.. seriously
Sponsored