Carolina Metal Masters , Mirrors

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Anyone know of any cool accessories for the 1” ball? I’m specificallly looking for a socket with a magnet to mount my phone.
Sponsored

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS

Fcmalie

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Ram mounting systems have some cool stuff, from phones to GPS to tablets. I ended up moving the ones I have to the bottom of the handle like waiting had posted and I really like them there. Just trying to find the phone mount I want to get it set right above the dash behind steering wheel for gps use.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone gotten the longer stanchions yet? Interested if it makes much difference. For the price I think it is worth checking out.

Sponsored

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Another vote for RAM Mount. I have an X-Grip and double socket arm to mount my phone.
One neat thing I can do with this is mount it on end of the CMM arm that is outside the Jeep and get video with a POV looking over my front fender and corner of the hood.
@Stuweeks if you want to use a magnet, I'd say get a double socket arm and ball mount base with adhesive or screw in flat base. You could attach one end the double socket arm to the CMM balls, attach the ball mount base to the other end of the double socket arm, and attach any magnet mounting apparatus to the flat side of the base (which would normally mount on a flat surface like a window or dash.

ARM.jpg

BASE.jpg

Last edited:

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone gotten the longer stanchions yet? Interested if it makes much difference. For the price I think it is worth checking out.
I got mine and it is not much of difference. But, I'm a bit obsessive about safety and little bit of extra outside view is of value to me. One thing I was bummed about is that new, longer, stanchions I got do not have the little rubber gasket on the end so, it is metal on metal and the mounting point. I'll wait and see if the part wear. I haven't really got to test the new metal on metal vibration at high speed yet but, I doubt it will vibrate because the screw-on knob thingy has one and the entire unit is solid as a rock.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I got mine and it is not much of difference. But, I'm a bit obsessive about safety and little bit of extra outside view is of value to me. One thing I was bummed about is that new, longer, stanchions I got do not have the little rubber gasket on the end so, it is metal on metal and the mounting point. I'll wait and see if the part wear. I haven't really got to test the new metal on metal vibration at high speed yet but, I doubt it will vibrate because the screw-on knob thingy has one and the entire unit is solid as a rock.
Thanks. unscrewed it and kind of pulled the mirror out an extra inch just to see and it was better but not really. It is $25 and sounds like a pain in the ass.

But with what I have invested I feel like I should have the better version.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've spent so much money on crappy mirrors. I finally got the Carolina Metal Master mirrors. I love them. Solid as rock at 85 mph. Easy to put on, take off and store. Pricey but worth it, plus I get a phone or camera mount on each side. I kinda wish there was a bit larger flat mirror attachment, but these 5" concave mirrors are just fine.
The height at which they are placed get in way of field of view while driving so, I moved them down to the lower part of the grab handle. The only thing I had to do was flip-flop the driver and passenger side brackets. These are mine on the lower part of the grab handle.

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg
Update, folks.....I moved them back to the top because the stanchions go out the window when on top so I can mount video equipment

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Need them to offer singles I only need a driver side
Have you reached out to CMM. They are good communicator's lets say. Facebook message them usually gets almost an immediate reply... at least during the work week.

CO_Mojito

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Turbo Mojito
Occupation
IT Enterprise Systems Architect
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a set over the weekend. Posted the Install video on my YouTube Channel too. Install is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Man these just look clean. I ordered the 20mm ball and the ball delete since I already have a 67D JL Rail.

image001.jpg

image004.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CO_Mojito

Nice job on the video. I'm familiar with that product offering. Curious, is that the longer stanchion offering?
Ahhhh, unless they all come with a longer one then they originally were sending them out with..

CO_Mojito

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Turbo Mojito
Occupation
IT Enterprise Systems Architect
Vehicle Showcase
@CO_Mojito

Nice job on the video. I'm familiar with that product offering. Curious, is that the longer stanchion offering?
Thanks, I am not sure, this was the default setup, minus the extra ball delete option.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CO_Mojito

Last April, I got to fool with / see this offering when it was first made available.... they had made a bunch up and had them at Jeep Beach 2018 in Daytona Beach Florida... I really liked them but felt the stanchions were to short... I almost bought but held off..

Anyway, a few months later they realized that guys were pissing and moaning about the short stanchion so they came up with a longer one. They would let you trade for the longer but they wanted some additional $.

So, if they seem to short... you want mirror out further inquire with the company. Geeez, you may even have the longer stanchion.

Terrific product. I was really impressed with the look and quality. Some may spew they are pricey... but you see them and you will see why they cost... This offering is top notch and surely look great and do the job well.

Chittt.... just realized I had posted this in the thread before.... about...BIGGER MIRRORS and LONGER STANCHIONS..
Sponsored