Carolina Metal Masters , Mirrors

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
I've spent so much money on crappy mirrors. I finally got the Carolina Metal Master mirrors. I love them. Solid as rock at 85 mph. Easy to put on, take off and store. Pricey but worth it, plus I get a phone or camera mount on each side. I kinda wish there was a bit larger flat mirror attachment, but these 5" concave mirrors are just fine.
The height at which they are placed get in way of field of view while driving so, I moved them down to the lower part of the grab handle. The only thing I had to do was flip-flop the driver and passenger side brackets. These are mine on the lower part of the grab handle.

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg
Sponsored

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my CMM mirrors this weekend and went nekkid. I have to say that the materials used are solid and sexy and installation is a breeze.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Waiting

The one and only complaint if you want to call it that, that you hear in regard to the CMM offering, is that the mirrors are to small.

I saw the CMM mirrors at Jeep Beach 2018 and I too felt the mirrors could have been bigger. Regardless, what a terrific offering by CMM.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Waiting
@ThirtyOne
@ others ...

I was in contact with CMM today. Told them they needed a bigger mirror and for the mirror to come out a tad more.

Their answer was......... thanks for contacting them and they have something in the works in regard to what I said and that it will be revealed next week.

I also gave them the link to this thread..

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Waiting
@ThirtyOne
@ others ...

I was in contact with CMM today. Told them they needed a bigger mirror and for the mirror to come out a tad more.

Their answer was......... thanks for contacting them and they have something in the works in regard to what I said and that it will be revealed next week.

I also gave them the link to this thread..
I am watching this tread. Anyone with news please report back and I'll do the same.......I might even be checking their website daily lol

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Waiting

You won't see CMM posting here... Keep an eye on their website. CMM and I messaged back and forth via Facebook. I think they may be coming up with a larger diameter mirror and maybe a longer stalk. They used the word "cure" in their messages to me so I am thinking there will be a retrofit offering for those already with the CMM mirrors. Time will tell....

Fcmalie

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Hopefully they notify people who already bought the others, I'm comfortable with the current CMM mirrors, but wouldn't mind seeing how the bigger ones look.

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
Subscribing.

Are these mirrors convex? I'm wondering if they would be accurately described as mirrors that would have "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" printed on them?

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
If CMM is watching this thread, how about putting on a group buy? There are clearly a lot of forum participants who would be taken off the fence if a deal was offered. I would be.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subscribing.

Are these mirrors convex? I'm wondering if they would be accurately described as mirrors that would have "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" printed on them?
They are very convex but CMM indicates all over the place “for trail use only”

Sponsored

OP
OP
fzdan4256

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
I've spent so much money on crappy mirrors. I finally got the Carolina Metal Master mirrors. I love them. Solid as rock at 85 mph. Easy to put on, take off and store. Pricey but worth it, plus I get a phone or camera mount on each side. I kinda wish there was a bit larger flat mirror attachment, but these 5" concave mirrors are just fine.
The height at which they are placed get in way of field of view while driving so, I moved them down to the lower part of the grab handle. The only thing I had to do was flip-flop the driver and passenger side brackets. These are mine on the lower part of the grab handle.

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg
Thats interesting where installed them !

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg
What do you mean mean you get a phone or camera mount? You can use these to mount your cellphone?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do you mean mean you get a phone or camera mount? You can use these to mount your cellphone?
@Bkenyon53

Yes, look at the CMM offering installed in the pics. See the aluminum colored ball on the CMM. You can attach a cellphone holder, a GPS, a Go Pro Camera, etc. to that ball. Found on driver and passenger sides.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are two 1" ball mounts. You can see the bright aluminum one in the pictures. There is another one, behind the mirror, at the end of the bar holding the mirror. RamMount, GoPro, and other companies make device mounting solutions that attach to standard mounting points; one of those being a 1" ball mount. They attach by a clamping system that fits the ball. There are other types of standard mounting systems, 1" ball, 2" ball, 2" hitch, Molle, the specific threading used for camera tripods

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)