Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Turbo Mojito
Occupation
IT Enterprise Systems Architect
Vehicle Showcase
they are probably 10-12" long. it would stock out of the window if pivoted down. for me they seemed fine but I didn't really get to use them as it had started snowing. they are expensive but they are clean and very well made. I was not to worried about the price, but I can see how people would be put off by it. my thing is they are going to be there for a while so why not get something nice. I am over the buy something 2-3 times because the first couple were junk. I would rather buy the expensive one first.
Sponsored

CO_Mojito

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@CO_Mojito

Last April, I got to fool with / see this offering when it was first made available.... they had made a bunch up and had them at Jeep Beach 2018 in Daytona Beach Florida... I really liked them but felt the stanchions were to short... I almost bought but held off..

Anyway, a few months later they realized that guys were pissing and moaning about the short stanchion so they came up with a longer one. They would let you trade for the longer but they wanted some additional $.

So, if they seem to short... you want mirror out further inquire with the company. Geeez, you may even have the longer stanchion.

Terrific product. I was really impressed with the look and quality. Some may spew they are pricey... but you see them and you will see why they cost... This offering is top notch and surely look great and do the job well.

Chittt.... just realized I had posted this in the thread before.... about...BIGGER MIRRORS and LONGER STANCHIONS..
I measured it last night and they are about 8" long. I ran them this morning as I had a couple IG followers asking if they rattle and they seemed fine for me. the drivers side is maybe a little close, but i think that's just a matter of getting use to them. you really don't want trailer mirrors, and they show the lanes on either side pretty well. No rattle, which i was expecting given the o-ring placement on the stanchion and the knob. they did a good job of engineering the things, and it shows in the quality.

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
How easy for a knucklehead to walk by and steal?

CO_Mojito

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How easy for a knucklehead to walk by and steal?
Easy. They unscrew and slide out in 30 seconds... I would and probably will remove them and store them for sure.

CO_Mojito

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
here is my rattle test video. lots of wind noise/road noise, but no rattle.

Sponsored

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Can someone who has these do me a favor? I did my install today (easy, btw, great product) and managed to swan dive the black replacement hardware bolt down into the bowels of the Jeep and can't get it out. Sooooo, does anyone have the specs on that bolt so I can go buy one at the hardware store and complete the install? I appreciate it!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
CMM lists these as "on sale," now: https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...-1-ball-mount-solution?variant=13869523435581

At $245 (no ball mount), that's a lot less than they cost last year and I'm very tempted to grab a set.

Before I talk myself into clicking the buy button, does anyone know if they are always on sale for this price? e.g. is there a rush to catch a deal, or will they likely be the same price in June when I can actually use them?

Edit: I placed an order after e-mailing CMM:

The stanchions are now 6" and it seems that there are no more problems. That is an 1" increase since we first released. We do have a promo code of JU10 for 10% off. Please note that these are in high demand and are approximately 2 to 3 weeks out for delivery.
My out the door with shipping (I ordered the "ball delete" since I've no use for a mounting ball) was $229. This time last year these mirrors were > $300, so I feel good about this purchase.

Last edited:

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
The stanchions are now 6" and it seems that there are no more problems. That is an 1" increase since we first released. We do have a promo code of JU10 for 10% off. Please note that these are in high demand and are approximately 2 to 3 weeks out for delivery.
Dayum, wish I knew about that promo code beforehand. That would have saved me $24 bucks.

2-3 weeks I'm going to be waiting awhile. Ordered mine on May 29th..... I'll update when I get mine.

s1000pre

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara UL
Just installed mine today on the lower mount of the grab handle. I prefer this position due to being lower than my field of view and closer to the OEM location. Went for my test ride down the freeway....Awesome mirrors!!!

shellback

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Anyone have a discount code for these mirrors? They look really slick!
Sponsored