First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
calling to all pa folks. its been 10+ years since the last time i went to carlisle truck show and thinking of heading out there this year. with this covid 19 crap, are there any travel restriction in pa. i'll be traveling on i 80 / 81. it will be a 4 hour run from ny. so is there anything i should know. also have anyone been to the show in the last few years. i'm thinking of going friday where the crowd might be on the lighter side. i usually go on saturday. just wondering if friday will have a good showing of trucks and things to see. i've been on there website and looks like everything is a go since they had the car show last weekend.

carlisle truck show
Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
calling to all pa folks. its been 10+ years since the last time i went to carlisle truck show and thinking of heading out there this year. with this covid 19 crap, are there any travel restriction in pa. i'll be traveling on i 80 / 81. it will be a 4 hour run from ny. so is there anything i should know. also have anyone been to the show in the last few years. i'm thinking of going friday where the crowd might be on the lighter side. i usually go on saturday. just wondering if friday will have a good showing of trucks and things to see. i've been on there website and looks like everything is a go since they had the car show last weekend.

carlisle truck show
Don't be afraid to go on Saturday, All Truck is not as popular as it used to be so Crowds on a normal year are not bad. Due to Covid there will be even less people there.

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just went to “spring” Carlisle 2 weeks ago. By Friday all the crowds were gone and most of the deals were gone too. Currently there aren’t any restrictions except you have to wear a mask to get in, but after that you can take it off and no one cares. It’s a huge field outside anyways. Wear sunscreen though and bring comfortable shoes to walk in.

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I should also say that since it was the first show there kept being rumors of it getting shut down, but that never happened. I think people may have been scared so not as many people showed up. By August it will be better hopefully.

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Don't be afraid to go on Saturday, All Truck is not as popular as it used to be so Crowds on a normal year are not bad. Due to Covid there will be even less people there.
thanks for the update. it will either be friday or saturday. i'll have to see what the plans are when the times comes. do you think theres enough to see on friday since you mentioned that the show is not what it use to be,

Sponsored

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I just went to “spring” Carlisle 2 weeks ago. By Friday all the crowds were gone and most of the deals were gone too. Currently there aren’t any restrictions except you have to wear a mask to get in, but after that you can take it off and no one cares. It’s a huge field outside anyways. Wear sunscreen though and bring comfortable shoes to walk in.
yeah dont remind me how big the field is. my brother and i hauled bumper , grill guard , etc out of there with the sun beating down on us. and they was for his 88 ram charger. i'm thinking payback to haul stuff for my jl. eventho it will be lighter, but we are older.

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I should also say that since it was the first show there kept being rumors of it getting shut down, but that never happened. I think people may have been scared so not as many people showed up. By August it will be better hopefully.

i've been following the lawsuit and stuff. carlisle won the suit and had the show. i'm keeping an close eye for the august show to see if anything gets stirred up. with the spring show that you went to, was everyone spread out. etc. i have no problem wearing the mask since i'm wearing it for work. just want to be distant because i'm tired of pepole tailgating me while i'm trying to deliver the mail in my area.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
i've been following the lawsuit and stuff. carlisle won the suit and had the show. i'm keeping an close eye for the august show to see if anything gets stirred up. with the spring show that you went to, was everyone spread out. etc. i have no problem wearing the mask since i'm wearing it for work. just want to be distant because i'm tired of pepole tailgating me while i'm trying to deliver the mail in my area.
Carlisle didn’t win the law suit per say. They settled out of court. Then they posted a video saying that its going to cost them and asked for support and said even you don’t plan to come or paid and can’t make it to buY tickets if you want to support them. They didn’t flat out say they had to pay money to stay open but that was pretty evident.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
thanks for the update. it will either be friday or saturday. i'll have to see what the plans are when the times comes. do you think theres enough to see on friday since you mentioned that the show is not what it use to be,
Saturday is the day for voting so that is the day that will have the most vehicles to look at
Sponsored