Sponsored

Carlinkit 3.0 Wired to Wireless CarPlay Adapter - $55 + Tax (~40% Off)

Tom Barry

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangle 2018
I ordered the CarlinKit to add Wireless CarPlay option. It's available on Amazon through the manufacturer's store, but cheaper if you order directly from their website. I got it at a very good price with a discount code. NOTE: it ships from China but takes a week to arrive. I had no delay with USPS surprisingly.

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jerpy

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I ordered the CarlinKit to add Wireless CarPlay option. It's available on Amazon through the manufacturer's store, but cheaper if you order directly from their website. I got it at a very good price with a discount code. NOTE: it ships from China but takes a week to arrive. I had no delay with USPS surprisingly.

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/
I call B.S. — what discount code did you use if you got it so cheaply?

Last edited:

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered one with the coupon code CPC39 and got $83.33 off! Thanks!

Tom Barry

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangle 2018
I call B.S. — what discount code did you use if you got it so cheaply?
"Code:NY2022| 🎁Save up to 52% Off & Free shipping" This is what I saw on their product page. Their after-sales service is very nice, I wanted to buy my adapter from a second-hand business before, but I was worried that I cant get the support of after-sales service, so I purchased it in this shop.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Finally got mine, super slow shipping. But it works great and is really great with no cord now.

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ordered! Thanks OP!
I received my order a few days ago and I installed it in the jeep this morning. I was pretty shocked at how simple it was to get going and how well it functioned and performed.

Other than plugging it in, the only thing I needed to do was open Bluetooth settings and click on the appropriate device, and that was all. I couple of seconds later, I got a pop up on my phone asking me if I wanted to enable car play and voilà! Took maybe 30 seconds total and was much quicker and easier than I expected.

After that initial setup it now automatically connects within a few seconds whenever I get in the jeep.

Also, I read in this forum that many people, when connecting this device using USB2 in the center console, are having issues with the device disconnecting/rebooting every five minutes. Being aware of this, I also connected the device with the USB2 port inside the center console but I’ve had no connectivity issues yet. My longest continuous drive was about 40 minutes and I left and got back in the jeep about four times, and not only did it automatically connect every time but it also worked without any disconnections/reboots the entire time.

I will update this post if I see connectivity issues in the future but so far I am very impressed with the bug-free functionality.

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How is the quality? Is there any decrease compared to connecting your phone in via usbc cable?

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
How is the quality? Is there any decrease compared to connecting your phone in via usbc cable?
Like most other modern signals, it is a digital signal transmitted through Wi-Fi in the same exact way it is transmitted via the usb data cable, so there should be zero loss/decrease/difference in quality because, once again, it is not an analog signal for there to be loss in quality due to interference or other factors. With any digital signal, you either have a perfect signal or no signal at all.

If you ever hear from anyone that any digital signal sounds “worse” when connected via one form of data transmission in comparison to another form of data transmission (wired vs wireless), you can rest assured that it is only in their head and not factual. Once again, it is impossible for a digital signal to “sound worse” because it’s all just 1s and 0s and data packets are just resent anytime there is any interference in the signal.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Ok, after having mine installed for a week now. I really like the text message option it works so great. I never have to look at my phone now when I get a text. Just so you know, I just upgraded to the iphone 13 pro max and it works with this wireless car play real good.

Tom Barry

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangle 2018
I saw Carlinkit 4.0 has released. It supports both wireless carplay and wireless Android auto.

Sponsored

Martin77

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Thanks. I bought the carlinkit 4.0 from https://carlinkitbox.com/products/carlinkit-4-0-wireless-carplay-android-auto and when I got it, I thought it was really worth my money. It is small in size and is elegant in my opinion (Not cheap plastic). The setup is easier and the re-connection is pretty fast, plug and play.
I am satisfied with my this purchase. This is really convenient, the key is that the adapter can also charge my phone!!!
The price of 4.0 adapter is also reasonable, less than $85. Now they have a 15% discount for items. It's definitely worth it!

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Carlink 4.0 is $71 on Amazon right now.

Largefarva

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Sahara
So for those that have either the carlinkit 3.0 or 4.0….how are they working for you?

How long does it take to initially start up carplay when you start your Jeep, and do you encounter the disconnect issues I’ve read about while using?

I would intend on connecting to the center console USB port and mounting it in the console. I would love to be able to get rid of plugging in my phone all the time but I need carplay for everything it provides.

Open to other options as well.

Tom Barry

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangle 2018
I think service is more important than low price. I saw a lot of people complaining that they bought from Amazon and couldn't get the corresponding after-sales help, so in the end, most of them chose to return the adapter to Amazon, the other of them encountered problems after a few months, but Amazon ignored them at all. That's probably why Amazon's rating is only 3.5.
Sponsored