Sponsored

Cargo security that works with soft top?

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
Hello! Our freedom edition will be delivered to the dealer sometime toward the end of the month. We have the dual top option, and one thing we intended to install was a security deck in the cargo area to protect whatever we might be hauling from opportunistic thieves.

Like many people I'm ordering accessories before the Jeep even arrives, but I can't find a cargo security system that works with the soft top both up and down. What am I missing?

Thanks!
Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
There were two guys last week in the membership market trying to sell solutions for those that they had installed

tubesock

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
The diabolical slipstream "works" with the soft top. It won't go all the way down and lock, they sell a cover that can help pull it and some people say it ends up being lower than factory with the cover on. I have a slipstream and love it, but I just use safari mode with the front part of the top flipped back. I have a 2 door so that's a fair compromise for me.

OP
OP
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
I was under the impression it would not work with the windows in. If it works windows in and windows out, top down, it would be perfect. Not cheap of course!

Thank you!

tubesock

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I was under the impression it would not work with the windows in. If it works windows in and windows out, top down, it would be perfect. Not cheap of course!

Thank you!
It works with the windows in, you can lower the top but like I mentioned it won't click and lock down, this cover is supposed to help but I didn't buy the cover so I can't speak to it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
It works with the windows in, you can lower the top but like I mentioned it won't click and lock down, this cover is supposed to help but I didn't buy the cover so I can't speak to it.
that looks like it will work for us though. on our JK the top didn't lock down there were just some velcro straps that kinda held it down. thanks for the info and picture!

Ctayman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
I have a soft cover from GPCA. It covers the cargo area and provides that out of sight, out of mind protection you mentioned. Being a soft cover it does not provide any true physical security, merely a preventative measure but it does fit snuggly at the edges of the Jeep so nothing under the cover is visible. It’s very easy to remove and fold up if needed. It also works with the soft top folded down. It is held in place with screwed on brackets on the side and Velcro straps underneath. You can flip it with the Velcro on top for a more military look but kinda defeats the security to me if people can see how to undo it. I’ve been happy with it and have had it for about a year.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo security that works with soft top? 94D8011A-8E39-49F8-8774-CE8AFA64AF8B
Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo security that works with soft top? 88DA7860-531B-4BB5-8B2D-5AFAD7AA7051
https://www.gpca.us/shop/gpca-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-cargo-cover-pro/

I have their grab handles as well, they’re a metal carabiner instead of a paracord handle like most others out there and give you a more secure feel.