DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JFTop installed (stock photo below). Need help finding a cargo net that goes around the roll cage, sides and behind the rear passenger seat to keep cargo secured with the top down. I have D ring tie downs on the bolts where the hard top mounts. Does anyone have a set up like this or can recommend a suitable cargo net?

Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo net for rear deck lid and top down driving - Need recommendations 1593621007545
Sponsored

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
dpcf makes a couple styles of covers depending on 2 or 4 door and they're fairly reasonably priced

OP
OP
DizzyIzzy

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
dpcf makes a couple styles of covers depending on 2 or 4 door and they're fairly reasonably priced
I searched for dpcf cargo net and couldn't find anything. Can you please post the link?

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I have a JFTop installed (stock photo below). Need help finding a cargo net that goes around the roll cage, sides and behind the rear passenger seat to keep cargo secured with the top down. I have D ring tie downs on the bolts where the hard top mounts. Does anyone have a set up like this or can recommend a suitable cargo net?

Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo net for rear deck lid and top down driving - Need recommendations 1593621007545
are you looking for the bungie type netting or the thick web cargo net type?

OP
OP
DizzyIzzy

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
are you looking for the bungie type netting or the thick web cargo net type?
Either material, that covers the full roll cage area and the back of the seats. I don't want anything hitting the back passenger on the back of their head.

Sponsored

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I just use a cheap bungie net from Amazon. They have different sizes that you can probably match to your deck. Has plastic hooks that you hook into the tie downs.

This is the one I bought:

Cargo Net

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
And by the way I have been considering that JFTop. Let me know your thoughts on it.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I like the look, design, and write up on the JFTop... but damn... still no love for the 2 door....

Sponsored

OP
OP
DizzyIzzy

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Even a cargo basket will work with the bungee net. Anyone knows of a cargo basket that will work with the soft top?

OP
OP
DizzyIzzy

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And by the way I have been considering that JFTop. Let me know your thoughts on it.
Do you have a soft top or hard top? Because there are two versions of JFTop.

OP
OP
DizzyIzzy

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I like the look, design, and write up on the JFTop... but damn... still no love for the 2 door....
The 4 door may work. Contact JFTops and ask if it’s compatible.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
DizzyIzzy

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I like the enclosure. Here are the pros and cons.

Pros
  • It serves my purpose of keeping things enclosed with the top down.
  • The fit and finish is awesome.
  • It's very easy to install.
  • It's much more affordable than other lids.
Cons
  • The obvious con is that the bolts are exposed and anyone with a T-50 head screwdriver can unscrew and open up the enclosure. But, I figured if someone is equipped with tools to come and steal things, you really can't prevent that from happening. This is to prevent some snatch and run thieves from getting to the back.
  • The enclosure comes in two pieces. One that is right behind the rear passenger seats and the other that's near the rear tailgate. The piece that's near the tailgate is not enforced with aluminum, so it feels like I can break it if I put 70 to 80 lbs weight on it. But the piece close to the rear seat is more sturdy and can easily take 120+ lbs.
  • It doesn't have a lid that you can open up but I knew that before purchasing, but that's something to keep in mind.
I got the D-ring anchors from GCPA and installed them on all six T-50 bolts. The extra option D-rings you get from JFTops is nice, but I felt that the GCPA anchors served my purposes better.

The soft top corners rest on the lid and can rub over time from bouncing around. So, I installed x-cell neoprene adhesive where the soft top corners meet the enclosure.

https://www.amazon.com/16-Piece-Aco...ce+Acoustic+Damper&qid=1594058127&s=hi&sr=8-2

I tie the top down to the GCPA anchors to prevent the top from bouncing around when laying on the enclosure.

People usually go overlanding ("camping") with hard tops on. But, I'm trying to setup my rig so that I can fit everything I need with the ability to put the soft top up and down. I figured, what's the point of having a convertible Wrangler if you can't load it up as well as make use of that soft top. That's why I'm looking for a cargo net or a cargo basket that I can use to put more items over the enclosure and make use of that space.

Later down the road, I'll install the Dometic drawer fridge so that it fits nicely inside the enclosure. So, in short, the enclosure has become an integral part of the rig.
Sponsored

Last edited: