Sponsored

Cargo mat for 2-door with rear seats removed

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I just thought, how badly would this affect the sound of the Alpine subwoofer? Would it be muffled, or just happily rumble right through it?
I was worried about this also. The floor is less then ideal for subwoofer from a practical point of view. . Something is always going to be on top of it. Not to mention possibly scratching or damaging it when putting stuff in and out of the back. I was considering a WeatherTech mat or something like it? I was / am hoping the rubber mat would protect the subwoofer and not effect the sound too much.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
That's what I got. Should you wish to uncover the subwoofer there's a factory cutout. I'm going to do that. Then place a black cloth under the mat, over the speaker. This is to prevent small stuff like sand, etc. from falling through the grill and remaining in the speaker forever.
I wonder if Jeep will be coming out with one?

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone with a subwoofer in the floor and use the WeatherTech rear mat? Did you cut out the area for the subwoofer or just leave it covered? How did it affect the sound? Thanks

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone with a subwoofer in the floor and use the WeatherTech rear mat? Did you cut out the area for the subwoofer or just leave it covered? How did it affect the sound? Thanks
I cut out the hole... as it's designed. A subwoofer should have room to breathe. If you keep it on, and then pile things on top of the subwoofer, it will sound a bit muffled.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Here is the option that we are currently offering for the 2 door with the seats removed here: https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...orums&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=hailey

FDW-Quad-Cargo-Liner-JL-2-Door-installed.jpg

This does not have a cut out for the subwoofer as this just lays right over top of it and provides a protective barrier. This does not hinder the sound quality with being over top of this.

I am sorry to see this, the pricing for other manufacturer's products are based off of how they would like us to advertise the prices of their products on our website. With the JL being very new they are still coming out with new options and products. Were you looking for something like this or were you looking for a floor liner option? Please keep in mind with the pricing we do offer a forum discount and we do offer price matching.

I have a coworker here that had a similar option to that dirty dog one in his 4 door JK and it worked great against dog hair as he has two Siberian Huskeys.

Hailey
Why does it stop short and not go to the load end and cover the carpet ?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I cut out the hole... as it's designed. A subwoofer should have room to breathe. If you keep it on, and then pile things on top of the subwoofer, it will sound a bit muffled.
My reality is I will probably have stuff piled in back. I was just worried about the subwoofer getting damaged from stuff being moved in and out of the back. Thanks

Sponsored

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Why does it stop short and not go to the load end and cover the carpet ?
When the tailgate closes this will line up perfectly with that tailgate. This is why this mat stops short, if it was any longer it would be folded up by the tailgate.

-Hailey

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
When the tailgate closes this will line up perfectly with that tailgate. This is why this mat stops short, if it was any longer it would be folded up by the tailgate.

-Hailey
Thanks for the response :like:

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
@Quadratec Will the rear cargo mats actually ship March 12 like the site says? I ordered the cargo mat for the JLU back in January. First time I called, you all you said it would be shipped out the next week. Then that was changed to sometime in February, then mid-March. Will March 12 turn into April?
I am in the same boat and wondering the same thing. The JL has been out long enough. These liner shoulda been available last year.
We apologize for the delay with these liners. They are a brand new item and we were waiting on our stock shipment to arrive into our warehouse. We have received this stock shipment into our warehouse and they will start shipping after they are all packaged. They should be shipping out in the middle to late next week.

Hailey

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
But it doesn't go to the back of the jeep (it only covers some of the carpet).
This liner is unable to go all of the way back to the end because this is where the tailgate comes in to. The tailgate on the inside will sit flush with the liner to that point with the tailgate door closed.

Hailey

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
We apologize for the delay with these liners. They are a brand new item and we were waiting on our stock shipment to arrive into our warehouse. We have received this stock shipment into our warehouse and they will start shipping after they are all packaged. They should be shipping out in the middle to late next week.

Hailey
Good news. Does this include the 4-door liners as well? Hopefully I'll get a magnet this time around. ;)
Sponsored