Cargo mat for 2-door with rear seats removed

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
bump ... I'd love to know too, as I'll keep my back seats in most of the time with two teenagers back there, but it would be nice to have a full covered cargo area when my kids aren't in the back. Also would like to know how the bumper protector is working out if anyone bought that yet.

FYI: They also sell a 'behind 2nd row' mat for the 2 door now, anyone tried that one? I may go ahead and purchase it first, just to check it out, maybe with the bumper protector as it appears it will fall short of the carpet like the larger mat.

https://www.weathertech.com/jeep/2018/wrangler/cargo-liner/wrangler-generation/jl/
FWIW. . . I gave up waiting to hear responses and we made our own cargo mat. I used a sheet of rubber flooring - about 3/16" thick - and was able to make it fit all the way to the back edge of the carpet and so far it doesn't conflict with the tailgate. My Mrs did a terrific job of fitting it (made a paper template first) including holes for the seat mounts and slits to access the cargo hooks. We sized it to turn up the side a bit for added protection and it extends under the back seats and finishes at the floor mats. I'm not sure why the vendors for these mats think the back edge has to have the turned up edge, as it's not a bathtub and that flap would just get in the way - IMHO, that is.
Sponsored

Pink Brit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"GAMORA" Mojito JLR 6-speed manual :)
Occupation
Personal Trainer
FWIW. . . I gave up waiting to hear responses and we made our own cargo mat. I used a sheet of rubber flooring - about 3/16" thick - and was able to make it fit all the way to the back edge of the carpet and so far it doesn't conflict with the tailgate. My Mrs did a terrific job of fitting it (made a paper template first) including holes for the seat mounts and slits to access the cargo hooks. We sized it to turn up the side a bit for added protection and it extends under the back seats and finishes at the floor mats. I'm not sure why the vendors for these mats think the back edge has to have the turned up edge, as it's not a bathtub and that flap would just get in the way - IMHO, that is.
Thanks so much for your quick response. I may end up doing something similar when my Jeep arrives (still in D1, so could be a while) as I was a little perturbed about the gaping area of carpet left. Good to know that there is at least 3/16" of clearance for the tailgate :)

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I’m not happy with the current solutions for cargo area in the rear of my two door. I never have the rear seat in and I want that whole area protected so I can use it.

Troutster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Man leave it to Quadratec to sell a tarp with fabric loops on it for $170+ when you can buy a quality rubber floor mat with a perfect fit for $140... Quadratec is such a rip off it’s stupid :facepalm:
Thanks for your insight :like:

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Anyone have a suggestion for a cargo mat for the 2-door JL with rear seats removed. The size of the area is about 41-1/2" by 40" and I'd like to have a one piece rubber mat with sides that curve up to prevent water getting under the mat. I have found plenty of cargo mats for the 4-door unlimited model but none for the 2-door with rear seats removed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
But it doesn't go to the back of the jeep and it has no cut out for the in-floor sub.
Here is the option that we are currently offering for the 2 door with the seats removed here: https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...orums&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=hailey

FDW-Quad-Cargo-Liner-JL-2-Door-installed.jpg

This does not have a cut out for the subwoofer as this just lays right over top of it and provides a protective barrier. This does not hinder the sound quality with being over top of this.

Man leave it to Quadratec to sell a tarp with fabric loops on it for $170+ when you can buy a quality rubber floor mat with a perfect fit for $140... Quadratec is such a rip off it’s stupid :facepalm:
I am sorry to see this, the pricing for other manufacturer's products are based off of how they would like us to advertise the prices of their products on our website. With the JL being very new they are still coming out with new options and products. Were you looking for something like this or were you looking for a floor liner option? Please keep in mind with the pricing we do offer a forum discount and we do offer price matching.

I have a coworker here that had a similar option to that dirty dog one in his 4 door JK and it worked great against dog hair as he has two Siberian Huskeys.

Hailey

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
Here is the option that we are currently offering for the 2 door with the seats removed here: https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...orums&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=hailey

This does not have a cut out for the subwoofer as this just lays right over top of it and provides a protective barrier. This does not hinder the sound quality with being over top of this.

I am sorry to see this, the pricing for other manufacturer's products are based off of how they would like us to advertise the prices of their products on our website. With the JL being very new they are still coming out with new options and products. Were you looking for something like this or were you looking for a floor liner option? Please keep in mind with the pricing we do offer a forum discount and we do offer price matching.

I have a coworker here that had a similar option to that dirty dog one in his 4 door JK and it worked great against dog hair as he has two Siberian Huskeys.

Hailey
But it doesn't go to the back of the jeep (it only covers some of the carpet).

Sponsored

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
I think it's so when you have stuff on your swing gate it won't roll up the mat.
Wait …. Is it possible that the matt (as is) pushes up against the tailgate once closed?

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S

Hailey
@Quadratec Will the rear cargo mats actually ship March 12 like the site says? I ordered the cargo mat for the JLU back in January. First time I called, you all you said it would be shipped out the next week. Then that was changed to sometime in February, then mid-March. Will March 12 turn into April?

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
@Quadratec Will the rear cargo mats actually ship March 12 like the site says? I ordered the cargo mat for the JLU back in January. First time I called, you all you said it would be shipped out the next week. Then that was changed to sometime in February, then mid-March. Will March 12 turn into April?
I am in the same boat and wondering the same thing. The JL has been out long enough. These liner shoulda been available last year.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered Weathertech. Arrived in 4 days.
Sponsored