Sponsored

Cargo mat for 2-door with rear seats removed

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

So, still nothing for 2 door cargo mats with rear seats removed like in the title? We just start buying random things and sharing notes here?

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
So wouldn’t a unlimited mat fit just about perfect?

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

So, still nothing for 2 door cargo mats with rear seats removed like in the title? We just start buying random things and sharing notes here?
I bought the. Weathertech JLUR mat - not even close

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
So wouldn’t a unlimited mat fit just about perfect?
@GRAK also
Yes, it does fit but the look is nothing to write home about. I had one left over from my previous JKU's. It does the job. Here's a shot of it:
IMG_1187.jpg

Sponsored

tluke

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler, Mercedes ML550, Corvette, Polaris Slingshot & Honda CRF250L
I bought the WeatherTech Trim-to-fit cargo mat from Amazon. It is well made and thick. It cut easily to fit the rear of my 2 door JL with my rear seat removed. I worried about the sound from the floor mounted sub in my 2 door. I have to say it sounds great and I have not noticed any difference in the sound quality regardless if the mat is in or out. It has deep pockets which will gather any fluids or debris but it really does not have a perimeter ridge. I really did not want the ridge because in the past I had one that had the ridge and it always caught items as I was sliding them in. This takes us to my only complaint about this mat. It is made of soft rubber. Things just don't slide on it. Because of this, when I'm tossing in my golf clubs it's not as easy as it was with the carpeted surface. I know it's a small annoyance but I had to mention it. I really do like the fact that no dirt gets through the mat to fall into the sub. In summary, it's a good purchase. I do wish it was a little deeper so that it would reach all the way to the back of the front seats.

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
I bought the WeatherTech Trim-to-fit cargo mat from Amazon. It is well made and thick. It cut easily to fit the rear of my 2 door JL with my rear seat removed. I worried about the sound from the floor mounted sub in my 2 door. I have to say it sounds great and I have not noticed any difference in the sound quality regardless if the mat is in or out. It has deep pockets which will gather any fluids or debris but it really does not have a perimeter ridge. I really did not want the ridge because in the past I had one that had the ridge and it always caught items as I was sliding them in. This takes us to my only complaint about this mat. It is made of soft rubber. Things just don't slide on it. Because of this, when I'm tossing in my golf clubs it's not as easy as it was with the carpeted surface. I know it's a small annoyance but I had to mention it. I really do like the fact that no dirt gets through the mat to fall into the sub. In summary, it's a good purchase. I do wish it was a little deeper so that it would reach all the way to the back of the front seats.
Any pictures you can share?

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
How hard is it to remove the rear seat? I might when i get mine.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
How hard is it to remove the rear seat? I might when i get mine.
Pull the lever that goes along the back bottom of the seat, hold your head in the right contortion, issue a magical incantation (i.e. a few cuss words), tilt or twist it just right and then it pops right out. A few beers help...

Or, if you read the manual, it's probably easier... :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
Pull the lever that goes along the back bottom of the seat, hold your head in the right contortion, issue a magical incantation (i.e. a few cuss words), tilt or twist it just right and then it pops right out. A few beers help...

Or, if you read the manual, it's probably easier... :)
Sounds like everything else i do lol. Thanks.

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
I see Weathertech has a new listing. Anybody try one of these yet??

https://www.weathertech.com/jeep/2018/wrangler/cargo-liner/wrangler-generation/jl/

upload_2018-9-21_16-55-9.png
That looks perfect! But, I don't see that it specifies 2 door or 4 door. Also, I am curious about the material finish, even though it claims a "skid resistant" finish. The last Weather-Tech cargo liner that I ordered for my wife's Grand Cherokee sucked. It was so slick, anything you stowed on it slid around like an ice skating rink.

FLSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-door Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
When you select your vehicle ... these are the choices. I picked Wrangler ... assume Wrangler Unlimited is the 4-door ???

Select Model

Cherokee
Compass
Grand Cherokee
Patriot
Renegade
Wrangler
Wrangler JK
Wrangler JK Unlimited
Wrangler Unlimited

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
When you select your vehicle ... these are the choices. I picked Wrangler ... assume Wrangler Unlimited is the 4-door ???

Select Model

Cherokee
Compass
Grand Cherokee
Patriot
Renegade
Wrangler
Wrangler JK
Wrangler JK Unlimited
Wrangler Unlimited
You are correct. I've emailed them just to confirm. Also asked if they could send a sample of the mat material. I absolutely HATED the mat I purchased for the Grand Cherokee due to the slickness of the material.
Sponsored