Cargo Liner with factory Sub?

lawffroad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Does anyone have a rear cargo liner in their 2 door with the factory sub? wondering if there’s any way to protect this carpet without deadening the sub?
Sponsored

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have a rear cargo liner in their 2 door with the factory sub? wondering if there’s any way to protect this carpet without deadening the sub?
I have the Weathertec cargo liner in my 2021. It has a cutout for the sub

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
I tried to order my '21 2-door Rubicon with both the premium audio group and the cargo tub liner. The dealer's ordering computer greyed out the cargo tub liner option when he selected the premium audio group. I guess Jeep figured you don't need a cargo tub liner when you have a subwoofer there.

OP
OP
lawffroad

lawffroad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I tried to order my '21 2-door Rubicon with both the premium audio group and the cargo tub liner. The dealer's ordering computer greyed out the cargo tub liner option when he selected the premium audio group. I guess Jeep figured you don't need a cargo tub liner when you have a subwoofer there.
Yeah, the sub actually goes in the tub liner, which I think is smart but also eliminates a little storage spot. It's worth it, though. That speaker system is very nice

Sponsored

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
Yeah, the sub actually goes in the tub liner
I had no idea that the tub liner was already in that hole in the floor when the subwoofer is there. My Jeep is scheduled to ship from the factory on April 24th (but we all know how reliable the estimated ship date is), so I have not been able to look at this up close.

OP
OP
lawffroad

lawffroad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I had no idea that the tub liner was already in that hole in the floor when the subwoofer is there. My Jeep is scheduled to ship from the factory on April 24th (but we all know how reliable the estimated ship date is), so I have not been able to look at this up close.
Yeah, at least that's how it is in the 2 door, maybe the 4 door has it in the side or something! I just know that's where mine is in a 2020

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
I have one too, works great.

Sponsored

Myron

First Name
Myron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler, 1964 Land Rover SIIA 88
I use a WeatherTech floor mat in the back of mine and just put it right on top of the subwoofer without cutting out a hole for it. I figure it's a subwoofer, not a tweeter or mid-range, so what difference could it make? Turns out it makes zero difference, and I like knowing that it's protected from dog hair, sand, etc.

JimmyR75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2014 JK — Previous: 2004 TJ, 1994 YJ
Yeah, the sub actually goes in the tub liner, which I think is smart but also eliminates a little storage spot. It's worth it, though. That speaker system is very nice
I think I’m just being dumb, but having a hard time picturing this. Could you put up a photo?

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
this is the weathertech.
you can cut out the oval or leave it ...does not change sound of the sub.

JEEP_Wrangler_19_401198.jpg
Sponsored