wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Try adventureabound

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed this in my Jeep. It is a secure cargo locking system for the rear footwell area. One of my buds designed this and won best new product at SEMA 2021 with it. It is American made and American Designed. Plus Mike is a super good guy.

Cargo Dog The Incognito Storage Unit for Jeeps

It has two 12 volt sockets, the storage compartments are lit. there are struts to hold the doors open, a battery voltage meter and the compartments are lockable. It is made out of aluminum so it is also a secure place to store stuff.

1640000395261.png

This is a great alternative to something like Goose Gear that is made out of wood. It is very nice.
Do you have any pictures of this installed in your JLU. All of the videos are in the JKU. My order is on the way but I’m just curious how flush it is compared to the JK.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
It will be flush. It takes less than 5 minutes to install. Mine is not flush as I have installed the Armorlite floor system and sound deadening material making it thicker than the stock carpet.

Sponsored

JLUWillys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR , 23 LR DEF110, 23 Sprinter AWD
I have it installed in 392XR I used longer bolts to account for the armorlite flooring ... just so I didn't have to bow anything .

Installation is minutes once seats are removed.. unless you want to hard wire the 12volt portion .

The product is fantastic. The only issue I had was I swapped out the box latch for a red hound and dremeled the latch a bit to allow a bigger tolerance for the pin position of the lid. So the lock would be easier to close.

**Side Note**: I also have the Misch Big Boy Bracket on both seats.. it does not interfere with installation at all.. Only thing is if you need lid open over 70 percent you have to move the seat back.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo Dog. Secure storage solution for the JLU and JKU 1660061097357

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have it installed in 392XR I used longer bolts to account for the armorlite flooring ... just so I didn't have to bow anything .

Installation is minutes once seats are removed.. unless you want to hard wire the 12volt portion .

The product is fantastic. The only issue I had was I swapped out the box latch for a red hound and dremeled the latch a bit to allow a bigger tolerance for the pin position of the lid. So the lock would be easier to close.

**Side Note**: I also have the Misch Big Boy Bracket on both seats.. it does not interfere with installation at all.. Only thing is if you need lid open over 70 percent you have to move the seat back.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo Dog. Secure storage solution for the JLU and JKU 1660061097357
Thanks for the info.

jollyjerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Willys Sport, 89 CRX Si, 90 Buick Reatta
OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Does this come with the bags, or is it just the frame? It wasn't obvious from the site description
It comes with the bags. It is a nice product and has held up great. I like that it is easy to install and remove when needed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Do you have a picture of this installed in your Jeep by chance? Thanks
I will put it in today as I need to start gearing up for a wheeling trip to Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Do you have a picture of this installed in your Jeep by chance? Thanks
Here you go. No judging.... I know I need to vacuum the back out.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo Dog. Secure storage solution for the JLU and JKU 1664460809926

This works out real well with the Cargo Dog storage system. I can still open the doors on th Cargo Dog with this installed.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo Dog. Secure storage solution for the JLU and JKU 1664461079508

Jeepiner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeepineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Is there a way to order just the 40% portion of it? I'd like to retain the 2 primary rear seats, while deleting only the driver side one for extra storage.
Sponsored