Sponsored

"Carefully Check Your Surroundings" Won't go into gear!

Guitar Man

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler S 2dr
Occupation
"Honey Do" List
I was backing in and out of my garage to adjust my parking laser. I got in about half way and stopped moving. The gear shift indicator began to blink and i had no reverse or drive. I got check surroundings each time i tried a gear or park. My fender and mirror were very close to the door edge because I wanted max space inside for another vehicle. If that is what caused it, so be it, but do not want the Jeep doing my thinking for me! 2022 JL 2dr.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Guitar Man

Guitar Man

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler S 2dr
Occupation
"Honey Do" List
Turn it off.
What caused it? So......whenever your Jeep is immobilized .... simply shut it off.. Thats unacceptable. Any way to disable this?

Sponsored

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I was backing in and out of my garage to adjust my parking laser. I got in about half way and stopped moving. The gear shift indicator began to blink and i had no reverse or drive. I got check surroundings each time i tried a gear or park. My fender and mirror were very close to the door edge because I wanted max space inside for another vehicle. If that is what caused it, so be it, but do not want the Jeep doing my thinking for me! 2022 JL 2dr.
I don't have advanced safety on my Wrangler but my wife's Cherokee does and hers doesn't act like this when getting very close to the side of the garage door at any time. I do have the safety group but it only warns me with beeps if it senses an object is too close for comfort.

Because the sensor for the advanced safety is located near the windshield, I would be very surprised if it even knew you were close to the garage door and/or mirror.

Maybe your parking laser was hitting the advance safety sensor in exactly the wrong place causing it to think you were too close to an object?

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
Assuming you have an A/T, if your seatbelt is not on and the door is open, you will not be in gear. It's a "safety feature".

OP
OP
Guitar Man

Guitar Man

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler S 2dr
Occupation
"Honey Do" List
Seat belt was not buckled. Door was open. I was getting in and out to see how close i was. Must have been the problem. Now, how do i disable it? I'd rather work without a net.......

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
Seat belt was not buckled. Door was open. I was getting in and out to see how close i was. Must have been the problem. Now, how do i disable it? I'd rather work without a net.......
I have a manual so I can't say for sure, but I've heard that if you disconnect the door wiring it will override the "feature" as the computer will assume you're running doors off. All I can offer there unless someone with experience is able to chime in.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Guitar Man

Guitar Man

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler S 2dr
Occupation
"Honey Do" List
Hypothetically, in an emergency situation, this could be dangerous.

OP
OP
Guitar Man

Guitar Man

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler S 2dr
Occupation
"Honey Do" List

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Roky,
Would the open door still be a problem?
No, the Jeep thinks you’re buckled up, so you can open the door while moving or you can move while the doors open. I go through gates a lot that have to be closed after going through, and it was a pain in the ass to shut the door just to roll 20 feet, so I did this, works great. Totally kills auto park.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What caused it? So......whenever your Jeep is immobilized .... simply shut it off.. Thats unacceptable. Any way to disable this?
No, turn off the park assist.
Also, buckle the seat belt or close the door.
And also read the owners manual.
Sponsored