Car went crazy with tazer jl installed

PatRodriguz

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey guys, had a rather scary moment this morning. Was driving my jeep with the tazer installed and I got a traction control warning. Then after I parked the car and turned it off and went to restart it all the error codes and warnings possible were popping up on my screen. Now the car is bone stock with the exception of the tazer. I couldn't unmarry the device from all the pop up. Finally was able to unplug the battery and reboot without the razer installed. Is this a jeep thing or a tazer thing?
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't think it was a Tazer issue. Plenty of us have been using Tazer's for awhile without issue. Seeing as you have a 2018, my first guess would be a battery (or batteries) issue. If you have a 3.6, the issue could be your auxiliary battery going bad. Seems that little battery causes all kinds of electrical issues once it starts degrading.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@PatRodriguz
You are having battery related issues. It is not the Tazer JL.

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
The PCM going ballistic could have many causes but it's unlikely it's the Tazer. I'd check all the wiring you can under the hood for loose connections / damage, check fuses (fully seated), grounds (loose or damaged). That's one thing I really HATE about modern vehicles, they are 100% dependent on computer tech and can leave you high and dry at any time. Kind of like every bit of infrastructure supporting modern life 😳

I spent $1400 having electrical issues in my daughters Camry diagnosed, turns our mice decided to start eating the main wire harness :facepalm: As I recall it was chewed directly under the fuse box and very difficult to spot. Good luck!

OP
OP
PatRodriguz

PatRodriguz

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi all, forgot to update my profile but the car is two days old! 2021 JLUR! Thoughts? I did hear a clicking almost like a fuse, so I will check the fuse box but everything in the car was going nuts. Hopefully will never happen again!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hi all, forgot to update my profile but the car is two days old! 2021 JLUR! Thoughts? I did hear a clicking almost like a fuse, so I will check the fuse box but everything in the car was going nuts. Hopefully will never happen again!
Battery related.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It almost certainly wasn’t the tazer because people have experienced that same issue before, without the tazer being in the equation.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Check the battery/batteries. Sounds like it’s about kaput.
Sponsored