Car wash with hard top?

Maxwellfish

First Name
Maxwellfish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Had the JL for a year and I DO get a small leak/drip right where the rear doors latch with touchless washes. Honestly debate taking it in as I feel they’ll say it’s normal with the high pressure.

Not related but I have always had the wind buffeting in the front but haven’t had the time to read through the huge threads on here to see if it’s something the dealer could fix.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
No issue with my hardtop in a tunnel wash. However, they have an attendant that does a prewash and I did get soaked when they hit my drivers door the first time. The weatherstripping on the top of the door leaves a little to be desired.
I had an air leak causing wind noise from that area. Dealer replaced door seal and said they have seen several defective ones.

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
Be sure to cover your ears! It gets super loud when the water jets hit the freedom top.

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
I have had my JL thru one car wash and it never leaked a single drop, I just prefer to wash my ride at home and do the pride of ownership thing and car washes tend to do bad things to vehicles
Until every wash at home uncovers a new scratch or ding - out of sight, out of mind.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Until every wash at home uncovers a new scratch or ding - out of sight, out of mind.
I have already uncovered some road dings and paint blemishes but it’s all good.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my JL thru one car wash and it never leaked a single drop, I just prefer to wash my ride at home and do the pride of ownership thing and car washes tend to do bad things to vehicles
Come up here when it is -20° and see how hand washing works. Trying to wash with ice scratches.

FERGOTTI

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2016 F150
No leaks from the top but we do get a light spray from the doors. Usually hits our legs and a little on the back seat.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
JK would have a couple drops come through. JL nothing. At least until I open the door and it all dumps in on the floor.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Come up here when it is -20° and see how hand washing works. Trying to wash with ice scratches.
Lived in NYC, PA , Philly and Jersey and shoveled a lot of the white stuff but nothing like where your at I’m sure of that, all we have to deal with hear is the heat in the summer which last about 8-9 months
Sponsored