Sponsored

Car seats in JL with back seat removed

smokie700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler, 2019 genesis g70
So like the title says. I have a 2dr JL and would like to take out the rear seat but i have 2 boys that require a car seat each. Is there a way i can mount the carseats to the floor or brace into existing seat brackets?
Sponsored

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
Doesn't seem like a good idea to me. A lot of the support for the childs car seat is seat itself. You would have to immobilize the childs car seat in all directions.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
I'm not saying it's impossible to safely mount a child seat to the floor, but in most states it's illegal to have passengers in the cargo area. Specifically Louisiana, specifically children, the law states that children must be restrained according to vehicle and child safety seat manufacturer's instructions; I doubt either FCA or any child seat manufacturer has instructions on how to properly mount a child seat to the floor of the cargo area.

Ignoring the legal aspects, as Fouts said, a lot of the support comes from the seat itself, and you'll be left with something similar to the size and shape of the rear seat after you're done mounting the child seats. At most, you'll save the thickness of the padding, but some padding is required in order to more evenly distribute forces across the child seat (think of it like mortar for brick and stone work).

OP
OP
smokie700

smokie700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler, 2019 genesis g70
Cool deal. Id rather my kids be safe. Wasnt sure if there was an alternate option out there
Sponsored